Reading in the news - Tue 25 Jan
25 January 2022
COVID-19: expert comment on the pandemic
- Dr Simon Clarke (Biological Sciences) is quoted by the Daily Mail (in print) on the BBC deciding to air anti-vax views; by The Florida Post and others on the effect of tougher restrictions on Covid mortality rates; by Planetizen on the future severity of Omicron; and he answered BBC Radio Berkshire's Covid questions.
#PlanetPartners: working with global partners to protect the environment
- Reading research on the effects of pollution on pollinators is mentioned by the Greatest Hits Radio and National History Museum. Read our news story.
- Professor Paul Williams (Meteorology) is quoted by the Independent on leading University research on the fuel burn and emissions of transatlantic jets. Read our news story.
- A grant secured by the University which will fund the decarbonisation of Whiteknights campus's heating system is reported by Environment Journal. Read our news story.
- PhD researcher Akshay Deoras (Meteorology) is quoted by Hindustan Times on Mumbai air pollution.
- Dr Andrew Daymond (Agriculture) was interviewed by Youtuber Tom Scott on the University's International Cocoa Quarantine Centre.
- Ann-Marie Henderson (Director of Student Success and Engagement) spoke to BBC Radio Berkshire about co-leading Reading's exhibition on racial equality on campus. Read our news story.
- Professor Hella Eckardt (Archaeology) was mentioned by The Journal (in print) for her research on Roman treasures found in a riverbed that has been shortlisted for research project of the year. Read our news story.
- Dr Hisham Al-Obaidi (Pharmacy) is mentioned by Frame for being awarded a grant which will help him create a non-biological model of the condition of lungs when studying the effect of inhaled antibiotics.
- Former Reading lecturer Dr Faith Orchard (Psychology) is quoted by Newsweek on the effects of sleep deprivation on adolescents.
- Henley Business School research on side-hustles are quoted by The Small Business Site.
- Henley Standard publishes a feature on Henley Business School's ‘Business Angels, who invest in small businesses.
- A Henley Business School study on the benefits of a four-day workweek is mentioned by Jacobin Magazine and Left Foot Forward.
- A previous Head of the Department of Biochemistry at Reading is announced by CBCGDF as part of BioGreen's advisory team.
- Reading's performance in the University Challenge quarter-finals was mentioned in the latest episode on BBC 2 on Monday evening.
- Travel News reports on a Reading student's experience previously working as an Emirates airlines flight attendant.
- A Reading graduate is announced by ADVFN, Investegate, Market Screener, Geo Resources, and Proactive Investors as Petropavlovsk PLC's Chief Financial Officer.
- Bursaries offered by the University are reported on by Argyllshire Advertiser.
- Athlete scholarships being offered by Henley Business School Africa in partnership with The Beast Foundation are reported by Cape Times.
- A Reading graduate reviewed a company announcement published on Shares and Investegate.
- A Reading graduate is mentioned by Jersey Finance for being sworn in as a lawyer.
Loading additional items please wait....