Reading in the news - 13 Jan
13 January 2022
COVID-19: expert comment on the pandemic
- Dr Al Edwards (Pharmacy) is quoted by The Sun on void PCR results.
- Dr Simon Clarke (Biological Sciences) is quoted by Zoomer, Queensland Today and others on research about the common cold and Covid protection.
#PlanetPartners: working with global partners to protect the environment
- Professor Hannah Cloke (Meteorology / Geography) is quoted by The Independent and Yahoo! on the state of the water quality in England's rivers and features on BBC Radio 4, BBC Radio 5Live, BBC Radio 2, BBC Radio Shropshire and BBC Radio Foyle speaking on this topic.
- Dr Tara Pirie (Biological Sciences) is quoted by News Week on the threat that hydroelectric dams pose to big cats.
- Dr Colin Prescott (Biological Sciences) was interviewed on BBC's Countryfile Winter Diaries on the genetics of poison-resistant rats.
- Professor Ian Givens (IFNH/Agriculture) is quoted by Vogue, Yahoo!, Mail Online (and in print) and Aol., and spoke to Times Radio on mineral deficiencies from vegetarian and vegan diets; and by New Kerala and Sentinel on a study he co-authored that found eating millet could combat anaemia and encourage better growth in children.
- Dr Ruvi Ziegler (Law) is quoted by the Financial Times (and in print) on an amendment made to the Austrian nationality act which has enabled the families of Nazi victims' Austrian citizenship.
- Metro reports on Reading's first win during the University Challenge quarter-final on Monday evening.
- A photographer spoke to The Times Radio about having taken photos of bands, including The Smiths who performed at the University.
- Professor Tom Oliver (Biological Sciences) has written an article for The ACU Review on teaching about the environment.
- Visiting Research Fellow Nigel Larkin (Biological Sciences) is quoted by Euro Weekly and Mega Curioso on co-leading the unearthing of Britain's largest Ichthyosaur.
- After 12 Mag and The Motley Fool quote Henley Business School statistics on side-hustles.
- World Scientific and Eurek Alert! report on a book co-authored by visiting Professor William T Ziemba on sports strategy.
- A Reading graduate's appointment as the University of York's Director of Technology, Estates and Facilities is reported by the University of York, Tech Register and Business Fast.
- A graduate mentions studying at Reading during an interview with Citizen Femme.
- In Your Area reports that Reading Geological Society held a field meeting at the University’s Cole Museum in December.
- Scholarships Positions reports on the University's offering of four mathematical sciences scholarships.
- Reading Malaysia is mentioned by The Star as part of Asia's first multi-campus education city.
Loading additional items please wait....