Reading in the news - Mon 7 Feb
07 February 2022
COVID-19: expert comment on the pandemic
- Dr Simon Clarke (Biological Sciences) spoke to Jeremy Vine Extra on Channel 5 and Russia Today about a report looking at how effective lockdowns were during the pandemic. He is quoted by the Daily Mail on the potential consequence of false information being spread during BBC's Question Time; by The Express and others on new potential strains of Covid; and Health Medicine Network on the detection of Omicron in sewage samples.
- Dr Jane Parker (Food) is quoted by The Sun (and in print) on the research to be done around the effect of Covid on taste and smell.
- Professor Ian Jones (Biological Sciences) is quoted by The National News on the safety of vaccinations for pregnant people.
#PlanetPartners: working with global partners to protect the environment
- Professor William Collins (Meteorology) is quoted by The Daily Observer on a study of the effects of rising temperatures on the climate system.
- University research on the effects of pollution on pollinators' ability to smell crops and wildflowers is mentioned by Medscape. Read our news story.
- Dr Gunter Kuhnle (Food) is quoted by The Telegraph (and in print) on the healthiness of gummy supplements.
- Professor Michael Fulford (Archaeology) is quoted by CGTN News and spoke to CGTN Europe about the find of a Roman settlement.
- Actualitte and India Education Diary mentions the recent donation of James Joyce's artefacts and personal letters to the University. Read our news story.
- An article by Reading PhD students Chris Wyver and Laura Reeves (Agriculture) on The Conversation on the effect that early flowering has on pollinators is republished by Yahoo! and Global Advisors.
- Dr Diana Ben-Aaron (English Language) spoke to BBC Radio Berkshire about the language of texting.
- An article by Dr Chris Foye (Henley Business School) on The Conversation on the effects that small living spaces have on wellbeing was republished by QRIUS.
- Professor Andrew Kakabadse (Henley Business School) is mentioned by News Beast, Capital.gr, and Marketing Week for leading a training program on board practice and directorship development.
- Professor Jo Phoenix (Law) is quoted by Quillette on the importance of academic freedom.
- Coventry Live reports on a collaborative Reading research project on the history of the English protest song.
- Advance HE reports on funding for the University's collaborative project with Imperial College London to enable and support culture change.
- Femina report on research from the University that found beneficial compounds in champagne that could help prevent dementia and Alzheimer's disease.
- The University's collaborative development of a toolkit to apply to early decision making is mentioned by Future Build.
- The University is listed by Sohu as an institution recognised by the Chinese Ministry of Education.
- Reading's ownership of The Bulmershe Pavilion is mentioned by Non League Daily.
- Scholarships awarded to five alumni of the AAAN Academy Masterclass Programme by Henley Business School are mentioned by Legit.
- Lincolnshire In Focus and Lincolnshire World report on a Reading graduate founding The Farm Kitchen, a catering company that prepares meals delivered to schools every day.
- A Reading graduate's career in commercial real estate is reported by Trepp.
Loading additional items please wait....