Reading in the news - Thu 3 Feb
03 February 2022
James Joyce collection:
- Dr Mark Nixon (English Literature) and Professor Robert Van de Noort (Vice-Chancellor) are quoted by The Guardian, The Telegraph, Yahoo!, Reading.co.uk and others on the recent donation of James Joyce's artefacts and personal letters to the University. BBC Radio 3 and BBC Radio Gloucester also report on the donation. Read our news story.
#PlanetPartners: working with global partners to protect the environment
- Dr Ella Gilbert (Meteorology) was a guest on the Sky News Climate Show on Monday night talking about eating less meat to help the planet, and last week on snow in the Middle East. Her article on The Conversation on the potential collapse of the Thwaites Glacier and resulting sea-level rise was also quoted by News Week.
- Professor Martin Lukac (Agriculture) is quoted by Mother Jones on the importance of preserving tropical forests in South America in light of a report that found an estimated 9,000 species of tree are yet to be discovered.
- A Henley Business School graduate is mentioned by Construction Management for his plans to reduce McDonald's carbon footprint as their senior project manager.
COVID-19: expert comment on the pandemic
- Dr Al Edwards (Pharmacy) is quoted by Express, The California Sun, The Washington Time and others on smartphone-based Covid test kits.
#UniForReading: our role as a civic university
- RDG Today mentions the University's support of the Sanctuary Strikers, Reading's only football team that brings together refugees and non-refugees.
- BBC Radio Berkshire features interviews with local residents in Arborfield and also with the University’s Vice-Chancellor (8.28am) about plans to develop University land near Shinfield and Arborfield.
- A repeat episode of BBC's Digging For Britain interviewed Professor Michael Fulford (Archaeology) on the University's archaeological excavations in Roman Silchester.
- An article by Dr Chris Foye (Henley Business School) on The Conversation on the effects that small living spaces have on wellbeing was republished by Foreign Affairs and Big News Network.
- Professor Fiona Ross (Typography) is listed by The One Club as part of the judging committee for entries submitted for the TDC Beatrice Warde Scholarship programme.
- Reading Chronicle, Bracknell News and Labour List report on Shinfield Studio's construction.
- An obituary was published by The Guardian, Yahoo! and others for Reading graduate Michael McColgan.
- A Henley Business School graduate is mentioned by Konii, Immobilien Manager and Deal Magazin for being appointed as the Chief Investment Officer of QUEST Investment.
- A Reading graduate is introduced on Smashchain as an NFT artist.
- A Reading graduate is mentioned by Bristol Business News for being appointed as an associate for Hollis.
Loading additional items please wait....