Reading in the news - Wed 2 Feb
02 February 2022
COVID-19: expert comment on the pandemic
- Dr Simon Clarke (Biological Sciences) spoke to BBC Radio Berkshire about Covid re-infections.
- Dr Al Edwards (Pharmacy) answered BBC Radio Berkshire's Covid questions.
#UniForReading: reaffirming our role as a civic university
- Professor Robert Van de Noort's (Vice-Chancellor of the University) column on the University's community fund initiative was published by RDG Today and Wokingham Today.
James Joyce collection:
Dr Mark Nixon (English Literature) and Professor RobertVan de Noort (Vice-Chancellor of the University) are quoted by the Daily Mail, Independent, Yahoo!, Evening Standard, Aol., RDG Today, and more than one hundred others on the recent donation of James Joyce's artefacts and personal letters to the University which shed light on his close relationship to fellow writer, Samuel Beckett. Read our news story.
- Yahoo! and Benzinga listed Reading as part of a report on the usefulness of medical microneedle diagnostic devices.
- Ann-Marie Henderson (Director of Student Success and Engagement) is quoted by Greatest Hits Radio on Reading's exhibition on racial equality on campus. Read our news story.
- Professor Kate Williams (History) spoke to BBC Radio 4 about a letter written by Mary Queen of Scots that is being auctioned this week.
- Jon Foster-Pedley (Dean and Director of Henley Business School Africa) was a guest speaker on Cape Talk and discussed Henley Business School's research on the benefits of side hustles.
- Dr Graeme Marlton (Meteorology) is quoted by Head Topics and Funtitech on the process of confirming the world's longest lightning flash recorded.
- Dr Liz Stephens (Meteorology) is quoted by Climate Home News on Storm Ana and what forecasts can predict.
- Professor Michael Fulford (Archaeology) is quoted by CGTN on the recent find of a Roman settlement.
- Professor Ian Givens (IFNH/Agriculture) is quoted by News 18 on mineral deficiencies from vegetarian and vegan diets.
- PhD researcher Akshay Deoras (Meteorology) is quoted by Hindustan Times on Mumbai's cooler temperatures.
- Reading's current place in the semi-finals of the University Challenge is mentioned by Edinburgh Live and Scottish Daily Express.
- Henley Business School's Executive MBA is mentioned by Study International.
- Scholarships awarded to five alumni of the AAAN Academy Masterclass Programme by Henley Business School are mentioned by Independent.
- A Reading graduate is mentioned by Business In The News and News From Wales for launching her own company.