Reading in the news - Thu 15 Dec
15 December 2022
#PlanetPartners: working with global partners to protect the environment
- Professor Len Shaffrey (Meteorology) was interviewed by Mashable India on the climate disasters and extreme weather events of 2022.
- Greatest Hits Radio mentions Reading research led by Dr David Rose (Agriculture) on the mental health of farmers.
- Professor Nigel Arnell's (Meteorology) collaborative article on Britain's changing climate is published by Midland Farmer (in print).
- Professor Mike Fulford (Archaeology) is quoted by Newbury Weekly News (in print) on the impact that the development of a solar farm on Roman Silchester would have on the potential of future findings.
- Professor Kate Williams (History) was interviewed by Times Radio on the history of Mary Queen of Scots.
- Dr Erhan Aslan (Literature and Languages) is quoted by News Week, The Olympian, The Herald, The Sun News, The Tribune, The Wichita Eagle, and Idaho Statesman on the role of social media in Wordle's success.
- Jess Ashley (student) was interviewed by BBC Radio Berkshire on her review of a Sleeping Beauty production.
- Professor Ian Hamley (Chemistry) is mentioned by She Finds and News Break for his research on anti-ageing products.
- Professor Ian Jones (Biological Sciences) is quoted by The National News on the advantages of mRNA vaccines.
- Jon Foster-Pedley (Henley Business School Africa) is quoted by Cape Times on the benefits of obtaining an MBA at Henley Business School Africa.
- Newbury Today mentions that the Royal Berkshire Hospital has become an accredited University Department of Critical Care Medicine with Reading University.
- Farming UK reports on University findings that consumers' trust in farmers has risen since the pandemic, whereas trust in food authorities has fallen.
- Wokingham Paper (in print) reports on the performance of Henley Business School student, Mengyao Shi, in a table tennis tournament.
- Wokingham Paper (in print) mentions the University's Student Union will host upcoming BBC introducing events.
- Wokingham Today reports on the Santa Run that was hosted at the University's campus.
- The Guardian (in print) publishes an obituary for Reading alumnus and rural development officer, Richard Gibbs.
- Tori and Business Day publish information about a funeral taking place for Reading alumnus, Olaolu Mudasiru.
Lynn News reports on the career of Reading alumnus and solicitor, Joshua Shuardson-Hipk.
- Newbury Weekly News (in print) publishes an article on Reading alumnus and family lawyer, Chris Sutton.
- Rankia publishes an interview with Reading alumnus and sales manager, Dominic Nys.
Loading additional items please wait....