Return to Campus
- Bringing back on to site, taken from offices and newly ordered. What do they do with the kit whilst working flexibly – back and forth? (Determine primary place of work: office or home – configure, Desktop PC? Talk to department to discuss options) Which is preferred main working location – agreed with department (local procedures) but we can advise on the use of the equipment.
- Equipment without images? (AK: do we need to know this in advance – IP addresses and booked appointments?) Policies applied and joined to domain. Summer purchases too. Bookable slots if needed to do in person. Need to be done by individuals themselves or remotely. AK started to talk to VM/HW.
- Docking stations? Ordering
- Cables & actual office help – Bookable response, US go out. Diagram/short video – where things go. (SD: capture footage: send to MG)
- Remove confidential and work-related data from personally-owned devices, bring back confidential paper waste on to campus and use appropriate waste disposal
- Printers – cleaning materials may be available, hands-free printing being rolled out across campus, stickers/posters to do so on printers (SG sharing).
- If any equipment, contact us
Counter & Support
We will be reopening the Library Service Desk Counter on Monday 14th September in readiness for student arrivals and Welcome Week. The Library will be carefully managing access to the building and whilst walk-in sessions with the Service Desk team will be available for enrolling students until the start of term, we will be providing bookable appointments from Monday 28th September. As soon as these slots are available, we will communicate how to book these.
We have worked to ensure that the Library Service Desk Counter is a safe place for you to visit. There will be a required queuing system, plenty of signage and our team will be sitting behind Perspex screens. Wearing a face mask isn’t mandatory but strongly encouraged within the Library and our Service Desk team members will be using PPE. We will be asking people to step up and step away to hand over any devices, and we will be doing the same. Thank you in advance for your co-operation with meeting these requirements.
Our IT Service Desk will also be available by email (email@example.com), via the Self Service Portal and by telephone in emergencies. The telephone number is experiencing a high volume of calls and we do ask that if your query is non-urgent, you use either email or the Portal to log your query or issue. This allows our telephone service to remain available for urgent issues and from Teaching and Learning sessions.
Where you have local support from members of the DTS teams, please do not attend these locations without prior communication with DTS. We will not be operating a walk-up service. We will have members of our DTS support teams available on campus should you require an office or teaching room visit. Please note that the response times may take a little longer whilst we return to campus.
If you have any further requirements, contact DTS.
Autumn Teaching & Learning
Recording Hubs- Probably just a link to the Recording rooms page, assistance on requests, and maybe a piece of feedback i.e. “The courteous staff are fantastic help. Thank you” this is genuine feedback 😊 (Review page)