How to connect to the Managed Print Service (MacOS)
Connecting to Managed Print Service print queues on MacOS
Using Pharos Pop-up client
The Pop-up client can be found at smb://software.rdg.ac.uk/managedprint/macos/mps-printers.dmg (you need to be on your Apple device to go to this)
- Download this file, then double click to open it.
- Double-click on the Popup.pkg to run the install, and follow the on screen instructions.
This installer will automatically configure the two printers FollowMe-BW and FollowMe-Colour.
NOTE: Each time you print you will be asked for your username and password.
Uninstalling Pharos Popup
To remove Pharos from a computer, run the Pharos Uninstaller:
- Launch the Uninstaller application in /Library/Application Support/Pharos/Utilities.
- Select Pharos Popup and any other Pharos components that you would like to uninstall, then click Continue.
- A list of the selected items will be shown. Click Continue.
- Type in an administrator user name and password when required to do so. The selected components will be removed from the computer.
Updated lm920207 on 27/09/23