How to connect to the Managed Print Service (MacOS)
Connecting to Managed Print Service print queues on MacOS
Using Pharos Pop-up client
The Pop-up client can be found at smb://software.rdg.ac.uk/managedprint/macos/mps-printers.dmg
1. Download this file, then double click to open it.
2. Double-click on the Popup.pkg to run the install, and follow the on screen instructions.
This installer will automatically configure the two printers FollowMe-BW and FollowMe-Colour.
NOTE: Each time you print you will be asked for your username and password.
Uninstalling Pharos Popup
To remove Popup from a computer, run the Pharos Uninstaller:
1. Launch the Uninstaller application in /Library/Application Support/Pharos/Utilities.
2. Select Pharos Popup and any other Pharos components that you would like to uninstall, then click Continue.
3. A list of the selected items will be shown. Click Continue.
4. Type in an administrator user name and password when required to do so. The selected components will be removed from the computer.
Manually using lpd printing
NOTE: You need to be logged on as your University of Reading IT Username for this to work.
1. Go to the Apple menu and select System Preferences…
2. Select the Print & Fax preference pane.
3. Click the + sign below the list of printers to add a new one.
4. Select the IP icon to switch to the tab for IP printers.
5. Choose or enter the following settings:
o Protocol: Line Printer Daemon - LPD
o Address: uorprint.rdg.ac.uk
o Queue: FollowMe-BW
o Name: FollowMe-BW
o Location: (Leave blank)
o Print Using: Generic PostScript Printer or search for Konica Minolta Bizhub 554e PS drivers
6. Click the Add button.
7. You will get an Installable Options dialog box:
o Check the box next to Duplex Printing Unit
o Click Continue.
Repeat for FollowMe-BW and use the Bizhub C554e drivers.