What are Chevening Scholarships?
- Chevening Scholarships are the UK government's global scholarship programme, funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organisations.
- The scholarships are awarded to outstanding scholars with leadership potential.
- Awards are typically for a one year Master’s degree at universities across the UK.
- There are over 44,000 Chevening Alumni around the world who together comprise an influential and highly regarded global network.
- For further information, please refer to the Chevening website.
Who can apply for a Chevening Scholarship?
- Chevening Scholarships are for talented professionals who have been identified as potential future leaders across a wide range of fields, including politics, business, the media, civil society, religion, and academia.
- Applicants should be high calibre graduates with the personal, intellectual, and interpersonal qualities necessary for leadership.
- Chevening Scholarships are available to students from more than 160 countries and territories worldwide (excluding the USA and the EU).
- More than 1,500 scholarships are available for the 2019/2020 academic year.
How can I apply for a Chevening Scholarship?
- Applications for 2019/20 Chevening Scholarships and some Chevening Fellowships opened on 6 August 2018. The application closing date is 6 November 2018.
- Applications must be submitted via the Chevening website.
- Please refer to the guidance on the website before applying, including the frequently asked questions.
- You should also refer to the country webpages on the Chevening website which contain guidance for applicants from your country, including priority subject areas.
2019 Chevening Scholarships at University of Reading
The University of Reading and Chevening have been working together over the past 20 years, offering international masters students funding to complete their postgraduate taught degrees in Reading. Over the years, the University of Reading has welcomed nearly 500 Chevening scholars to our campuses. These scholars have come to the UK from all over the globe, with the highest number originating from Mexico.
In addition to the standard Chevening Scholarships (which welcome applications from all Chevening eligible countries in any subject), the University of Reading is pleased to be able to offer a variety of Chevening/University of Reading Scholarships, specifically for those from eligible countries looking to study specific programmes at The University of Reading.
These Scholarships are jointly funded by the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office, and partner organisations, and are aimed at outstanding candidates with the potential to become future global leaders. The awards are open to students applying for Masters/Postgraduate Taught degrees in key subjects at Reading.
The scholarship meets the full cost of the tuition fee, provides you with a monthly living allowance and a travel allowance.
Find out more on Chevening's University of Reading Information page.
How to apply
To apply for one of the available Chevening Partnership scholarships, you need to:
- Choose one of the programmes listed below
Apply to the course:
- Apply to the University of Reading using our online postgraduate application form
Apply for the Chevening scholarship
- Apply directly to Chevening by the deadline 6th November 2018. All applicants who wish to be considered for an award at Reading are encouraged to select the university/course as their first preference in their Chevening application
To find out more
Global Recruitment Team (International) staff and our representatives regularly visit countries around the world to take part in exhibitions, to visit partner institutions and give presentations about both the University and studying in the UK in general.
We also visit other countries and regions throughout the year. Contact us for further information about the forthcoming and future visits to your country.
If you would like to meet a member of staff from the University, we would be delighted to see you at any events that we are attending to talk about our courses or to seek advice about your application.
Please check this page regularly for updates on our activities.
In order to apply for a Chevening Partnership Scholarship, you need to choose an eligible programme.