Due to the current Covid-19 situation, all tests have been suspended.
This page will be updated once testing resumes, in the meantime please email email@example.com with any queries. Thank you for your understanding.
Notes for applicants
- Fees cannot be refunded. If you cannot attend a test, the fees can be deferred to pay for another test at a later date. This can happen only once.
- You need to be prepared to spend the whole day in Reading unless otherwise stated.
- There will be a gap between the main part of your test and the speaking sessions.
- TEEP can be taken a maximum of four times by an individual in one calendar year.
- Students who are judged likely to score low grades, i.e. those at A1, A2 on the Common European Framework of Reference, are usually advised not to take the TEEP until they have further developed their English Language competence.
- If you are a student on the Pre-sessional English Programme at the ISLI, you do not need to apply as TEEP is included as part of each Pre-sessional English course.
- Other arrangements such as taking the test at other times or taking TEEP at other institutions may be possible, with special arrangements. Please contact us for further information.
- Examination fees are £145 for a student attending one of the public administrations at the University of Reading.
- Payment can only be made via the online store.
- There is no charge for students attending the ISLI Pre-sessional programme (cost of TEEP included in course tuition fee).
- TEEP outside the UK is priced according to local conditions but will be approximate to the UK price.
- No extra cost for the first certificate issued
- £15 for a duplicate certificate issued
- An additional charge will be made for any special delivery service, e.g. recorded delivery or courier.
How to apply for a TEEP test
Please use the online store, Apply for a TEEP test.