The Community of Practice for International Tutors is managed by the International Study and Language Institute (ISLI), and serves as a platform for International Tutors to interact with other academic and professional staff from across the University. International Tutors are the academic staff responsible for overseeing the needs of international students within their School or Department.
The Community of Practice has the following aims:
1. To share common issues and best practice in the following areas:
- teaching diverse groups
- enhancing the experience of international students studying at the University of Reading
- supporting international students’ development of appropriate academic literacy skills for study in the UK Higher Education context
- balancing the academic and managerial demands of the international tutor role.
2. To strengthen working relationships between ISLI and other schools and functions.
3. To promote open communication with colleagues in operational roles with an impact on international students, e.g. International Advisory Team, Global Recruitment, Global Partnerships, and Study Abroad.
The Community of Practice meets at least three times per year.
For further information about the Community of Practice, or to request to join, please email the current chair, Sarah Mattin.