Live on or near the campus with other students, while you take the Pre-Sessional English (PSE) programme at Reading.
Our halls of residence offer a comfortable place to live and relax, situated close to your classrooms and other University facilities.
Your accommodation will depend on which study block you join us in during term time or over the summer months.
PSE A, C or D
If you are joining study blocks A, C or D, you will be able to apply for your choice of University accommodation after you accept your offer to study.
Our Admissions team will send you an email explaining how to apply through the RISIS portal.
If you are joining study block B in 2023, you can apply for university accommodation, although allocation cannot be guaranteed. Our Admissions team will send you an email explaining how to apply through the RISIS portal.
If you are joining study block E in May 2023, you need to book part of the accommodation on your own by going through these instructions: PSE E Accommodation Instructions 2022-2023.
If you are joining study blocks F or G in June or July 2023, we will automatically book your accommodation for you as soon as you accept your offer to study.
The accommodation team (email@example.com) contact you within 14 days with your booking confirmation. This will be an email which is sent to the email address provided in your PSE application.
As a student on the PSE programme, you will be offered accommodation that includes:
- a study bedroom with a single bed and mattress; mattress protector; desk and chair; bookshelves; desk lighting; wardrobe and chest of drawers
- an en-suite bathroom with a shower, toilet and hand basin
- a shared kitchen with induction hobs and an oven; a microwave; a fridge and freezer; storage space; kettle and toaster
- a laundrette with a washing machine and tumble dryers (available for use at a low cost).
You will also benefit from:
- Wi-Fi with unlimited access to the University network via your own computer, once you have enrolled
- 24-hour halls security team, maintenance team and halls hotline
- a cleaning service providing weekly cleaning of the kitchen and communal areas.
- An electrical adapter will be in your room when you arrive and we will charge £5 to your student account for the adapter. You do not need to bring your own adapter.
You will have to bring your own:
- bedding (bed sheets, pillows, duvet etc)
- crockery, pans and kitchen utensils.
Kitchens are shared between six to nine residents in the flat.
Room costs and deposit
Rooms cost £182.70 per week, with a deposit amount of £250
If you have applied for PSE E-G, please note:
- once you accept your offer to study at the University of Reading, we will charge the deposit to your student account
- you need to pay the deposit before you arrive at Reading
- payment of this deposit will be taken as acceptance of the Terms and Conditions (see below for more details)
- after you have moved in, the deposit money will be used as the first instalment towards rent.
You can pay your deposit via our student payments website.
If you are unable to come to your Pre-Sessional English course due to visa issues, we will refund your deposit in full.
|Study block||Arrival & departure dates||Amount|
|PSE F||22/06/2023 - 10/09/2023||£2,088.00|
|PSE G||20/07/2023 - 10/09/2023||£1,357.20|
|Study block||First instalment||Second instalment*|
*The second accommodation payment is due by 07/08/2023.
Terms and conditions
We strongly advise that you read the PSE Student Residency Agreement before accepting your offer to study on the PSE programme.
Payment of the deposit or accepting the keys to the accommodation (whichever happens first) will be taken as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Costs are subject to change on an annual basis.
Arrival guide for students
Please refer to the arrival guide for more information on your accommodation.
Find out about living in halls and the help and support available to you.
Find out about living costs and budgeting.