Each Department at Reading has a dedicated Academic Language & Literacy Liaison contact from ISLI's Academic English Programme (AEP).
Academic Language and Literacy Liaisons have a wealth of experience in designing and delivering discipline-specific language and literacy provisions, and a unique understanding of the international student experience.
We can offer advice and support on matters related to international/EU students and any student whose first language is not English, including
- Setting up a new credit or non-credit discipline-specific AEP offering in your department
- Designing smaller, more targeted inputs, such as a lecture or series of workshops
- Interventions for individual students
- Supporting students' transition to a new academic culture
- Academic Integrity challenges for non-native English speakers
- Communicating effectively with your international cohort
See our Discipline-specific page for details of academic language and literacy modules and sessions we currently offer across campus.