The aim of this course is to improve your ability to contribute to academic seminar discussions and engage in conversation in general, for example during group work tasks on your degree programme. In each lesson, you will discuss topics of general interest in small groups. You will learn useful language and techniques for taking part in discussions and have the opportunity to practise these to build your confidence, fluency and accuracy. The classes will be small (maximum 16 students) to maximise opportunities for interaction and teacher feedback on your speaking.
In summer term 2023, the course will take place on the Whiteknights Campus and will run for 7 weeks starting in the week beginning 24 April 2023. There will be a 90-minute lesson each week.
For more information about dates and times and to request a place on the course, please enrol on the Academic English Programme Hub Blackboard:
- Open this web page that you are currently looking at in two tabs
- In the first tab, sign into Blackboard
- In the second tab, open the Hub Blackboard and follow the self-enrolment instructions
- This course focuses on discussions, not presentations. If you would like to improve your presentation skills, we offer a Presentation Skills course as one of our online courses for self-enrolment. You can also request a 1:1 Consultation to practice and receive feedback on a presentation.
- This is an on-campus course. If you would like to find out more about our online provision, please see our online courses for self-enrolment and Academic Language Webinars.