A combined offer for your degree course and Pre-sessional English (PSE) programme may simplify the visa application process.
We may be able to arrange for you to receive a single combined Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS). If so, you will only need to make one Tier 4 visa application to cover the full duration of your PSE programme and your degree course at Reading.
Are you eligible?
To be eligible for a combined CAS, your degree course must start within one month of the end of your PSE programme. You must also have:
- received an offer to study on one of the following Pre-sessional English study blocks: PSE4 or PSE6
- received and accepted an offer for degree course at the University of Reading
- paid the £500 deposit for the PSE programme and, if you hold an offer for a master's course which requires a deposit, you have also made this payment
- fulfilled all of the academic conditions attached to your degree offer
- already met the English language requirement attached to your degree offer or you've met the minimum requirements for a combined CAS as per University requirements. Please contact the Admissions team to check if you are eligible.