A combined offer for your degree course and Pre-sessional English (PSE) programme may simplify the visa application process.
We may be able to arrange for you to receive a single combined Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS). If so, you will only need to make one student route visa application to cover the full duration of your PSE programme and your degree course at Reading.
Are you eligible?
To be eligible for a combined CAS, your degree course must start within one month of the end of your PSE programme. You must also have:
- received an offer to study on one of the following Pre-sessional English study blocks: PSE F or PSE G
- received and accepted an offer for degree course at the University of Reading
- paid the £500 deposit for the PSE programme and, if you hold an offer for a master's course which requires a deposit, you have also made this payment
- fulfilled all of the academic conditions attached to your degree offer
- already met the English language requirement attached to your degree offer or you've met the minimum requirements for a combined CAS as per University requirements. Please contact the Admissions team to check if you are eligible.