A combined offer for your degree course and Pre-Sessional English (PSE) programme may simplify the visa application process.
A Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies or Combined CAS allows you to apply for a single entry visa covering your Pre-Sessional English course and your main degree course.
To qualify you need to fulfil the following conditions
1. The entry requirement for your course is IELTS 6.5 overall
2. You have met the academic entry requirements for your main degree course
3. Your main degree course starts within one month of the end of your PSE programme
4. You have at least a B1 level (IELTS 5.0 or above) in each of the four elements (Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening)
5. You will be studying one of the following PSE courses before your main degree course starts in September:
- PSE E: 13 weeks
- PSE F: 10 weeks
- PSE G: 6 weeks
Or on one of the courses where your main course starts in January:
- PSE A: 10 weeks
- PSE B: 6 weeks
Table showing the PSE entry requirements based on the target score of IELTS 6.5.
These entry requirements will be applied strictly. The English requirement is given in IELTS terms, with the lowest allowable component score in brackets.
|Entry point||PSE course length||English requirement|
|PSE E||13 weeks||5.5 (5.0)|
|PSE A and PSE F||10 weeks||5.5 (5.0, writing 5.5)|
|PSE B and PSE G||6 weeks||6.0 (5.5)|
|Direct entry||-||6.5 (6.0) or 6.5 (5.5)|
Please contact the Admissions team to check if you are eligible.