- Peacock, G. (2021). ‘Using OneDrive to address the challenges of online groupwork’ Language Teaching Research Forum (LTRF) meeting. University of Reading, June 2021.
- Peacock, G. (2021). ‘Exploring teacher experiences of building rapport online with international EAP students’ Language Teaching Research Forum (LTRF) meeting. University of Reading. October 2021.
- Peacock, G., and Adachi, T. (2021). ‘Reflections on the Microsoft Certified Educator certification’ Language Teaching Research Forum (LTRF) meeting. University of Reading, March 2022.
- Peacock, G. (2021). ‘Experiences of delivering hybrid classes: Instructing remote and in-person students in the same synchronous session’. IATEFL LTSIG Pre-Conference Event. Belfast. May 2022.
- My professional interests include technology enhanced learning (TEL), online teacher-student rapport and EAP leadership learning. In Autumn term 2021 I piloted the hybrid teaching and learning approach in ISLI and disseminating my findings and recommendations across the university. I am currently working with colleagues in other schools to discover more about the possibilities and limitations of hybrid teaching and learning in a variety of teaching contexts.
- Peacock, G. (2021). An exploration of English for Academic Purposes (EAP) teacher experiences of building rapport with international students in online learning environments in UK Higher Education (HE) institutions in the early Covid-19 era. (MA). University of Portsmouth.
- Drake, N., Peacock, G., and Rushton, R. (2021). Using OneDrive to address the challenges of online groupwork. T&L Exchange: Centre for Quality Support and Development, University of Reading. Available: https://sites.reading.ac.uk/t-and-l-exchange/2021/10/28/using-onedrive-to-address-the-challenges-of-online-groupwork/
- Course Director (year-round pre-sessional courses)
- Assistant Programme Director (summer pre-sessional programmes)
- EAP Lecturer
- Academic Language and Literacy Liaison for Henley Business School (post-graduate)
I have been teaching English for over a decade in a variety of contexts to include English as a Foreign Language to adult learners, young learners in India, and English for Academic Purposes at Higher Education institutions.
I have also previously worked in the secondary school sector, teaching English Language, Humanities and Citizenship at a private boarding school where I was also the residential house parent. I have taught EAP at Durham University (social sciences/humanities) as well as BPP University (accounting/finance), where I also worked as an online assessor. I am the External Examiner for Foundation and pre-master’s programmes in Academic skills at the University of Surrey. I am also studying for my Doctorate in Education (EdD) here at the University of Reading, which I will complete alongside my teaching work and management duties in ISLI.
- BA (Hons) English Literature and Language from King's College London (University of London)
- MA in Applied Linguistics and TESOL from the University of Portsmouth (distinction)
- Cambridge Celta and DELTA
- TEAP (Teaching EAP) certificate from SOAS University
- Associate Fellow of BALEAP (The Global Forum for EAP Professionals)
- CMALT (Association for Learning Technologies: Certified and Accredited Member)
- Microsoft Certified Educator (Technology Literacy for Educators)
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- Winner of the 2021 RUSU Teaching Excellence Award for ISLI
- Reviewer for Education and Information Technologies journal