If you join the School of the Built Environment in 2024, you may be eligible for an annual £1,000 scholarship for each year of study on the following courses:
- BSc Architecture
- BSc Building Surveying
- BSc Construction Management
- BSc Construction Management and Surveying
- BSc Quantity Surveying
- BEng Architectural Engineering
- MEng Architectural Engineering.
To be eligible for the scheme, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- an academic achievement of grades AAB at A level (or equivalent*)
- an impressive application, which demonstrates clear commitment to study in the School of the Built Environment at the University of Reading
- place the University of Reading as Firm choice with UCAS by the deadline for reply as stated on your UCAS Hub account
- applicants must also satisfy the conditions of entry to undergraduate study at the University of Reading.
Conditional offer holders must show they have met the conditions of their offer, and therefore hold an unconditional place on the qualifying programme, by the final deadline (normally the first week of September).
The scholarships are available to applicants from any country and apply only to those who enrol directly onto Year 1 of their course in 2024. Students who have a previous degree or other higher education qualifications will not be eligible.
It should be noted that:
- payments will be made at the start of each academic year, after enrolment, subject to provision of relevant bank details by the offer holder
- payments will be made for a maximum of three years, or four years for MEng Architectural Engineering students
- payments for Year 2, Year 3 and Year 4 are subject to satisfactory progression within the programme in Year 1, Year 2 and Year 3 respectively
- the scholarship will not apply to those who defer entry on to the programme.
* AAB at A level is equivalent to International Baccalaureate 34 points and BTEC Diploma DDD. If you are studying a different qualification and would like to check the equivalent requirements, please contact the Undergraduate Admissions Team on firstname.lastname@example.org.