Project Setup Team and Post Award Support
Post Award Support for Research and Research Related Grants
The Project Setup Team is here to oversee the set-up of all research and related awards at the university including providing post award support to PI’s including helping troubleshoot any issues and providing advice/signposting on all aspects of project set-up. We will also guide PIs through non-financial processes including contracts, recruitment, studentships, risk assessments, procurement of equipment and services, ethical and governance approval, and due diligence procedures.
The team consists of a Project Setup Manager and a Project Setup Officer who will support projects and ensure regulatory compliance by providing resources, support and advice and guidance on delivery, through:
- Providing advice and guidance on the setup and delivery of research and research related projects
- Support with regulatory compliance related to grants and contracts for example complying with the Nagoya Protocol, Preventing Harm in Research, and Innovation, and highlighting relevant clauses in funding agreements
- Developing project skills within schools to understand and navigate University processes and systems along with things such as project planning
- Dedicated advice and guidance on project eligibility of expenditure, dealing with delivery or consortium issues, possibility of extensions etc.
- Liaison with funders (where required)
- Supporting PIs with project change requests such as Costed or no-cost extensions, alterations to working hours or changes within the consortium
How can we support you?
Below is a brief overview of the support provided by the team and the types of activities we can support you with along with signposts to key people within other Professional Services and Schools.
- Create research award records for transfer into the finance system
- Accepting grant offers on behalf of the institution
- Creating and accepting records for Grants Transferred in to UoR
- Liaising with Academic staff with regards to elements of or all of a grant being transferred out of UoR
- Liaison with funders over changes to projects (where requested)
- Monitoring and reporting regulatory compliance elements (e.g. NSIA, Preventing harm etc.) and providing advice/signposting as appropriate
- Advice and guidance around next steps once project has been set up
- Troubleshooting issues
- Acting as first point of contact for live project non-financial issues. Including liaising with internal Research Services staff
- Support with output and outcomes monitoring and submission (e.g. Research fish)
- Act as a sounding board for any issues or queries relating to funded projects
There are 2 members of the team
Lee Allan-Smith - Project Setup Manager
Aamna Khan - Project Setup Officer