PGCert Pharmacy Practice
Please note that this course page includes information for the 2022/23 academic year. Details for 2023/24 entry to this course have not yet been finalised. Contact us for more information.
The PGCert Pharmacy practice is a workplace-based programme, aligned to the Royal Pharmaceutical Society's Foundation Pharmacy Framework, which allows pharmacists to develop their clinical and service skills.
This collaborative programme between local NHS pharmacy services and the University provides pharmacy practice training that is responsive to the UK government's national objectives.
Training is aligned to the Royal Pharmaceutical Society (RPS) Foundation Pharmacy Framework, and your learning will reflect the local context in which pharmacists work, and the changing needs of patients.
This is a workplace-based learning programme and placements are part of your employment prior to enrolment. You will be taught through blended learning which combines face-to-face with online study. The School of Pharmacy has a clinical skills lab where you will undertake OSCEs.
You may be sponsored by your employer or may choose to self-fund. If you are being sponsored you should ensure funding is in place prior to submitting an application as places cannot be held in the event of funding not being secured.
There is flexibility within the programme. You may choose to exit the programme with the PGCert and/or take a break prior to starting the PGDip. The programme is part of the Joint Programmes Board (JPB) partners group and there is flexible movement of students who complete the PGCert to study in other local HEIs.
Upcoming cohort enrolment options:
PGCert - TBC
Start date: TBC
- Applications for this cohort are now open
- Deadline for applications:TBC
- View the enrolment timetable for the next available course
- If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
- The required documents to be submitted with your application are found in the 'Entry requirements' tab, along with information about how to apply online. Failure to upload the correct documents may lead to your application being rejected.
- If you are interested in applying after the deadline, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org – sometimes we can operate a waiting list if applicants withdraw at the last minute.