BackgroundTatjana Papić (LL.B. Belgrade, LL.M. Connecticut, PhD Union Belgrade) is a full professor of public international law and international human rights law at the Union University Belgrade Faculty of Law. She is also a Visiting Professor at the University of Münster Faculty of Law (2021/2022). Tatjana was a Senior Grotius Research Scholar at the University of Michigan Law School (2019/2020) and a Visiting Professor at the Washington and Lee University School of Law (2013). She is a former Head of the Legal Department of the Belgrade Centre for Human Rights. Tatjana received the Ron Brown Fellowship and OSI’s Civil Society Scholar Award. Tatjana has published on questions of law of international responsibility, human rights, the jurisprudence of the European Court of Human Rights, interactions between international law and domestic politics and domestic reception of international law, in journals such as American Journal of International Law, International and Comparative Law Quarterly, Cornell International Law Journal, Hague Journal on the Rule of Law, Chinese Journal of International Law. Her work has been cited by the UN International Law Commission and the High Court of England and Wales.
- Case Note on Makuchyan and Minasyan v. Azerbaijan and Hungary, co-author (with M. Milanović), American Journal of International Law, Cambridge University Press, Vol. 115/2(2021), pp. 294-301.
- Derecognition of States: The Case of Kosovo, Cornell International Law Journal, Vol. 53/4(2020), pp. 683-726.
- The Applicability of the ECHR in Contested Territories, co-author (with M. Milanović), International and Comparative Law Quarterly, Cambridge University Press, Vol. 67/4 (2018), pp. 779-800.
- On the Margins of Consolidation: The Constitutional Court of Serbia, co-author (with V. Djeric), Hague Journal on the Rule of Law, Springer, Vol. 9/2 (2017), pp. 59-82.
- The Political Aftermath of the ICJ’s Kosovo Opinion in M. Milanović, M. Wood (eds.), The Law and Politics of Kosovo Advisory Opinion, Oxford University Press (2015), pp. 240-267.
- Fighting for a Seat at the Table: International Representation of Kosovo, Chinese Journal of International Law, Oxford University Press, Vol. 12/3 (2013), pp. 543-570.
- As Bad As It Gets: The European Court of Human Right’s Behrami and Saramati Decision and General International Law, co-author (with M. Milanović), International and Comparative Law Quarterly, Cambridge University Press, Vol. 58/2 (2009), pp. 267-296.