- 'Covid-19 and Climate Change', blog-post, Reading Centre for Climate and Justice, 2020
- "The EU and UK as both good and bad influences", 31 January 2017
- Hilson, C. (2016) "Litigation against fracking bans and moratoriums in the US: exit, voice and loyalty". William & Mary Environmental Law and Policy Review, 40 (3). pp. 745-768. ISSN 1943-1104
- "The EU Referendum: Brexit, Solidarity and Identity" DELI Blog, Durham European Law Institute, 18 July 2016
- "It's All About Climate Change, Stupid! Exploring the Relationship Between Environmental Law and Climate Law" (2013) 25(3) Journal of Environmental Law 359-370
- "The Courts and Social Movements: Two Literatures and Two Methodologies", Mobilizing Ideas, 18 Feb 2013
- "Climate Change Litigation: An Explanatory Approach (Or Bringing Grievance Back In", In F Fracchia and M Occhiena (eds), Climate Change: La Riposta del Diritto, (Editoriale Scientifica, Naples 2010), 421-436.
- "Risk And The European Convention On Human Rights Hilson", The Cambridge Yearbook of European Legal Studies 2008-2009, Volume 11 (Hart Publishing 2009), 353-375.
- "Framing the Local and the Global in the Anti-Nuclear Movement: Law and the Politics of Place", (2009), 36(1) Journal of Law & Society, 94-109.
- "Let's Get Physical: Civil Liability and the Perception of Risk", (2009), Journal of Environmental Law, 21, 33-57 (doi:10.1093/jel/eqn027).
Recent conferences and seminars
- Invited (with Jorge Guira) to present on climate finance regulation and opportunities for space data, Climate Risk Disclosure Task Group, Space4Climate, hosted by National Centre for Earth Observation (NCEO), Reading, 9 March 2021 (Zoom)
- Invited, webinar presenter, "Thinking Through Net Zero", as part of webinar: The pathway to Net Zero: How to set credible targets, run by Achill Management for the Legal Sustainability Alliance, 23 Feb 2021 (Zoom)
- Invited, webinar discussant, Legal Perspectives to Raising Ambition and Implementing Nigeria's NDCs, The Centre or Climate Change and Development, Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ndufu-Alike Ikwo, in partnership with World Resources Institute (WRI) Washington DC, Thursday, 11th February, 2021 (Zoom)
- Invited, "Covid and Climate Change: Risk, Age and Law", Journal of Environmental Law annual workshop/conference (Zoom), 25 November 2020
- Invited and took part in workshop, "Populism, Expertise, and Public Policy", Rothermere American Institute (Oxford), 4 May 2020 (via Zoom)
- Invited, "Populism, air pollution and the Indian Supreme Court", public workshop, "Poisoned Air: Are Courts the Antidote?", Transnational Law Institute, King's College London, 6 March 2020
- Invited, "Climate Law Targets: Governance, Temporality and Administrative Law", Environmental Law Discussion Group, Corpus Christi College, University of Oxford, 9 May 2019
- Invited, "Climate Change Litigation and the Narrative Turn: Law, Courts and Populism", workshop, "Climate Change Litigation: Current Challenges and Future Potentials", 29 April, 2019, UCLouvain, Hoover Chair of Economic and Social Ethics, Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium
- Invited participant, Symposium "Law, Time and Futures", 15-17 November 2018, IASS Potsdam, Germany
- "Rights Framing and Fracking in the UK: The Owl of Minerva?", workshop, "Fracking Europe. Multidisciplinary perspectives on a checkered technology", 8-9 November 2018, Environmental Science Center (ESC), University of Augsburg, Germany.
- Invited participant, Workshop on Trump, Brexit, and Environmental Law, University of Notre Dame (USA) in England, London, 17 April 2018.
- Co-organiser of the conference (and panel Chair), "Strategic Litigation in Practice", Bonavero Institute of Human Rights, Mansfield College, Oxford, 14 Feb 2018.
- "Framing Time in Climate Change Litigation", SLS conference, Dublin, 5 September 2017.
- "Framing Time in Climate Change Litigation", workshop, Regulating Climate Change: Governance and Legal Mobilization, IISL, Onati, Spain, 27-28 July 2017.
- "Framing Time in Climate Change Litigation", workshop on Climate Change Litigation and Legal Mobilization, UCL Department of Political Science and School of Public Policy, 21 July 2017.
- "The Movement Against Nuclear Power in the 1970s: Protest, Litigation and Opportunity Theory", panel, Explaining Variation in European Legal Mobilization, 24th International Conference of Europeanists (CES), Glasgow, 13 July 2017.
- "Legal Mobilization and Climate Displacement", paper presented at workshop, "Climate displacement and resettlement: what scope for claims-making 'from below'?", University of Reading, 21 February 2017.
- Paper on Brexit and the Environment at the British Academy event, "Brexit and the Environment: A Roundtable", 30th January 2017.
- Keynote presentation on Brexit and the Environment at a workshop "The Future of European Policy in the European Union", 19-20 January 2017, Centre for European Research, University of Gothenburg.
Read here about Professor Chris Hilson's research on climate change law and policy.
- (With Dr Joeri Rogelj), 'Putting the zero into net zero', COP26 Universities Network, 'Climate Papers' podcast series