Areas of interest
Criminal law; comparative and international criminal law; tort law.
Beatrice currently teaches the following courses:
- LLB: Criminal Law; Tort Law
- BSc Real Estate: Introduction to Property Law (Torts affecting Land).
Beatrice joined the School of Law as Lecturer in September 2012. Before taking up her current position, she was Departmental Lecturer in Law at Oxford University and Stipendiary Lecturer in Law at St Hilda's College (2011–2012), where she taught criminal law, tort and contract. Previously she also taught tort and contract as Graduate Lecturer at Corpus Christi College, Oxford (2009–2011).
Beatrice is Visiting Lecturer at Bucerius Law School, Hamburg.
Her doctoral thesis, funded by the Arts and Humanities Research Council, focuses on homicide and joint criminal enterprise liability in English and German law.
- First State Exam in Law/Dipl-Jur (Münster)
- BA Jurisprudence (Oxon)
- LLM (Columbia Law School)
- DPhil (Oxon)
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
"Justification and Excuse in Article 31(1) of the Rome Statute", Cambridge Journal of International and Comparative Law, Vol 2, Issue 3 (2013), pp. 382–410.
- Book Review: Alan Reed & Michael Bohlander, Participation in Crime - Domestic and Comparative Perspectives (2013, Ashgate)
- Krebs, B. (2020) Joint Enterprise Murder is Dead - Long Live Joint Enterprise Manslaughter?. In: Krebs, B. , (eds.) Accessorial Liability after Jogee. , 1. Hart Publishing pp. 107-131. ISBN: 9781509918904
- Krebs, B. , eds. (2020) Accessorial Liability after Jogee. Hart Publishing pp 256. ISBN: 9781509918904
- Krebs, B. (2019) For want of a shoe her freedom was lost: judicial law reform and dashed hopes in R v Mitchell: R v Mitchell (Laura)  EWCA Crim 2687. Journal of Criminal Law , 83 (1). pp. 20-23. ISSN: 1740-5580 | doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/0022018319831847
- Krebs, B. (2018) Oblique intent, foresight and authorisation. UCL Journal of Law and Jurisprudence , 7 (2). pp. 1-24. | doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.14324/111.2052-1871.103
- Krebs, B. (2018) Joint enterprise, murder and substantial injustice: the first successful appeal post-Jogee (case comment). Journal of Criminal Law , 82 (3). pp. 209-211. ISSN: 1740-5580 | doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/0022018318779644
- Krebs, B. (2017) Hong Kong Court of Final Appeal: divided by a common purpose (case comment). Journal of Criminal Law , 81 (4). pp. 271-274. ISSN: 1740-5580 | doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/0022018317719800
- Krebs, B. (2017) Accessory liability: persisting in error (case comment). Cambridge Law Journal , 76 (1). pp. 7-11. ISSN: 1469-2139 | doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1017/S0008197317000150
- Krebs, B. (2015) Mens rea in joint enterprise: a role for endorsement?. Cambridge Law Journal , 74 (3). pp. 480-504. ISSN: 0008-1973 | doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1017/S0008197315000677