Translational Funding and Accelerator Programmes
UKRI provide funding to academics to support the translation and commercialisation of academic research, and access to Accelerator programmes which provide intensive and time-limited support and training to build the core skills and networks to develop innovative ideas into successful ventures. Businesses are often project partners and/or collaborators on these applications.
When considering applying for translational funding think about:
- What is the Value proposition of your product or service?
- Who are the Stakeholders for your product or service?
- What is the Market opportunity?
- What is the expertise and support required to deliver on your project, development of a product or service often requires a range of expertise.
Before making an application please contact the KTC to discuss:
- Terms and conditions of the funder.
- Potential background Intellectual Property.
- Potential conflicts of interest with existing collaborative research portfolio.
- Professional support required to deliver the project.
- Letter of support from KTC (the University’s equivalent to a TTO).