Consultancy and Technical Services
Consultancy is the provision or transfer of existing knowledge and expertise to help an organisation solve a particular issue, or to provide them with longer term strategic advice relevant to the nature of their organisation through a contract for payment. It is one of the principle mechanisms by which universities transfer knowledge and provide access to leading-edge facilities.
Consultancy includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- A specific agreed programme of work with known outcomes and no planned research element
- The design, testing or evaluation of a product, service or system or assisting with these processes
- Advice on using knowledge gained or processes/systems developed at the University
- Use of the University’s research facilities and expertise for routine testing and analysis of materials and compounds
- Analysis and reporting (including statistical advice) on relevant issues
- Presentation at a seminar or business conference
- Advisory role
- Provision of specialist advice and training
- Expert witness
Before committing to a consultancy project, a number of considerations need to be made in advance, such as relevant expertise, confidentiality, management of intellectual property, deliverables, timescales and fee. A consultancy contract will need to be put in place in advance.
Interested businesses should get in touch with the KTC through email@example.com to discuss your requirements.
Staff at the University of Reading will manage the process, to get started please refer to Research Services.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone:+44 (0)118 378 3925
- Twitter: @UniRdg KTC