- Bagheri, S. (2022) ‘Discredit to the Turkish Government Over Social and Political Inequalities’, Oxford Human Rights Hub Blog.
- Bagheri, S. (2020) ‘The Balance of Power in the Balkans’, Harvard International Review.
- Bagheri, S. (2020) ‘The US ‘Snapback Sanctions’ on Iran Tantamount to Crimes Against Humanity’, Oxford Human Rights Hub Blog.
- Bagheri, S. (2020) ‘The Connection between Changes in Place Name and the Eradication of Ethnic Identities in Iran’,International Observatory Human Rights.
- Bagheri, S. (2020) ‘Iranian Nationalism Does Not Accommodate Ethnic Minorities’, Oxford Human Rights Hub Blog.
- Bagheri, S. (2019) ‘Civilian Life at Risk in Iran: The Hard-Hitting Effects of the US Economic Sanctions’, Oxford Human Rights Hub Blog.
- Bagheri, S. (2019) ‘Turkish Local Elections: What Does the Delayed Declaration of Election Results Mean?’, Oxford Human Rights Hub Blog.
- Bagheri S. (2018) The Constitutional Referendum to Create the New Republic of Artsakh in Nagorno-Karabakh: An International Law. European University Institute Max Weber Working Paper.
- Bagheri, S. (2018) ‘Iran-US Tensions and Contradictory Approaches to the International Legal Obligations’,Euronews.
- Bagheri, S. (2018) ‘The Iranian Military Intervention in Syria as a Matter of Jus Contra Bellum?’, Leiden Law Blog.
- Bagheri, S. (2018) ‘Human Rights and Iran in 2018’, Australian Outlook.
- Bagheri, S. (2018) ‘Understanding the Scattered Anti-Government Uprisings in Iran: Willing to Regime Change or Legitimate Demands for Socio-Economic Human Rights?’, Cambridge International Law Journal
- Bagheri, S. (2017) The Military Use of Children by the Syrian-Iraqi Salafi-Jihadist Group. Russian Law Journal, 5 (1) pp. 79-97.
- Bagheri, S. (2017) ‘Self-Defence Against the PKK? The Turkish Approach to International Law’, Völkerrechtsblog.
- Bagheri, S. (2017) ‘Civilian Victims of the Conflicts Over Oil Refineries in Kirkuk’, Oxford Human Rights Hub Blog.
- Bagheri, S. (2017) ‘An Iraqi Kurdish Independence Referendum’, Oxford Human Rights Hub Blog.
- Bagheri, S. (2017) ‘Iran’s Aspiration to Establish Peace and Security in the Middle East: Closer to Hegemony or International Law?’, Denver Journal of International Law and Policy (online).
- Bagheri, S. (2017) ‘Women in the Iranian Labour Market: Infringement of Economic, Social and Cultural Rights’, Oxford Human Rights Hub Blog.
- Bagheri, S. (2017) ‘Can President Rouhani Promote Human Rights in Iran?’, Oxford Human Rights Hub Blog.
- Bagheri, S. (2017) ‘Is the Turkish Constitutional Referendum a Reflection of Democracy?’, Oxford Human Rights Hub Blog.
- Bagheri, S. (2017) ‘Time to Rethink the Continuing State of Emergency in Turkey’, Denver Journal of International Law and Policy (online).
- Bagheri, S. (2017) ‘Iran’s Ballistic Missile Tests: Legal and Political Challenges’, Völkerrechtsblog.
- Bagheri, S. (2017) ‘Derogating from Fundamental Human Rights under the Turkish State of Emergency’, Oxford Human Rights Hub Blog.
- Bagheri, S. (2017) ‘Turkish Military Intervention in Mosul: A Legal and Political Perspective’, EJIL: Talk!
- Bagheri, S. (2016) Uluslararası İnsancıl Hukuk ve Nükleer Silahlar. Adalet, Ankara, ss230. ISBN 605146705X, 9786051467054 (in Turkish).
- Bagheri, S. (2016) ‘International Humanitarian Law and Counterterrorism: Turkey and the PKK’, Foreign Policy Association.
- Bagheri, S. (2016) ‘Iran-U.S. Confrontation in the Persian Gulf: An International Law Perspective’, Foreign Policy Association.
- Bagheri, S. (2015) ‘Nuclear Disarmament in the Context of the Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT): A Humanitarian Perspective’, Global Research: Centre for Research on Globalization (23 October 2015).
- Bagheri, S. (2015) The Legal Framework of the Peaceful Uses of Nuclear Energy: The Possibilities and Limitations. Energy and Diplomacy Journal, 1 (4). pp. 116-141.
- Bagheri, S. (2014) International Humanitarian Law and the Use of Nuclear Weapons against Terrorism. Gazi University Faculty of Law Review 18, (3-4). pp. 931-954.
- Bagheri, S. (2013) Evaluating the Decision of International Court of Justice Concerning the Oil Platforms. Gazi University Faculty of Law Review, 17 (1-2). pp. 1155-1180.
- Bagheri, S. (2013) Extradition and the Obligation to Prosecute of Offenders in International Law (aut dedere aut judicare). Ankara University Faculty of Law Review, 62 (1). pp. 1-40.
- Bagheri, S. (2013) Iran and the Law of the Sea: Current Debates. Erzincan University Faculty of Law Review, 17 (3-4). pp. 155-182.
- Bagheri, S. (2012) Extradition in the Practice of European Court of Human Rights and Human Rights Committee of UN Journal of Legal Research, 11 (2). pp. 25-52 (in Persian).
Selected conference papers and presentations
- “Structural Inequalities in Conflict-Affected Societies”, 16th Max Weber Conference on Perspectives on Global Crises: Challenges and Opportunities, European University Institute (EUI), Florence, Italy, June 16, 2022.
- “Iran and Child Soldiers in the Syrian Civil War: A Study on the Refugee Children Recruited by the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps”, 14th Max Weber Conference on a Time for Anxiety - Mobility and Immobility across Societies, European University Institute (EUI), Florence, Italy, 19 June 2020.
- “The Role of the Kurdish Women in Decision-Making Process in Post-Islamic State Iraq: A Case for Gender Equality in Post-War Societies”, presented at the Inaugural Edinburgh-Glasgow International Law Workshop, Edinburgh, UK, 8-9 April 2019.
- “The Role of the Kurdish Identity in Falling the Islamic State War in Iraq and the Peace-Building Process in the Post-Islamic State Iraq”, presented at the International Conference on “Identity and Memory in War and Peacebuilding”, Liverpool Hope University, Liverpool, UK, 2nd July 2018.
- “The Legal Aspects of War to Peace Transitions in Post-Islamic State Iraq”, presented at the 12th Max Weber Conference on the States, Societies and Crises Across Time and Space, European University Institute (EUI), Florence, Italy, 13 June 2018.
- “From the Failed Disarmament Policy of the Non-Proliferation Regime to the Rise of New Nuclear Powers”, presented at the International Peace Studies Conference, Academic Council on the United Nations System (ACUNS), Vienna, Austria, 29 May 2018.
- “The Peace-Building Role of the Natural/Energy Resource Management in Post-Islamic State Iraq”, presented at the Conference on the Nature of Peace, Pufendorf Institute of Advanced Studies, Lund University, Lund, Sweden, 26 April 2018.
- “The Quest for Energy Resources as a Source of Armed Conflicts in the Middle East: An International Law Perspective”, presented at the Max Weber Lecture/Presentations, European University Institute (EUI), Florence, Italy, 12-21 September 2017.
Recent events organised
- UN Involvement in Afghanistan: Where Next for the International Community, Global Law at Reading and the Afghan and Central Asian Association, 16 May 2022 (chair).
- 27th Annual Conference of the Australian and New Zealand Society of International Law on “International Law Futures: The Intersection of Law with Knowledge, Information and Expertise”, Crawford School of Policy, Australian National University, Canberra, Australia, 4-6 July 2019 (co-organiser).
- Multidisciplinary Workshop on “The Role of Image Making in the Prevention of Violence”, European University Institute, Florence, Italy, 7 May 2018 (co-organiser).
- 4th Annual International Peace and Security Interest Group (IPSIG) Workshop, TC Beirne School of Law, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia, 2 April 2018 (co-organiser).
- 25th Annual Conference of the Australian and New Zealand Society of International Law on “Sustaining the International Legal Order in an Era of Rising Nationalism”, Canberra, Australia, 29 June -1 July 2017 (co-organiser).
Invited talks and lectures
- Invited Talk: Guest speaker on ‘Protests in Iran’, Oxford Human Rights Hub’s Right Up, The University of Oxford Faculty of Law (November 25, 2022).
- Invited Talk: Roundtable discussion on ‘The Iranian Uprising’, Manchester International Law Centre (MILC), The University of Manchester Law School (November 15, 2022).
- Invited Talk: Panel discussion on 'Women, Life, Freedom' in Iran: From Protest to Revolution?’, Nottingham Trent University School of Social Sciences and Nottingham Law School (November 2, 2022).