The University allocates around 150 entry awards each year in PhD studentships and bursaries, so there are many ways to access PhD funding. A studentship is usually a package that provides full funding for tuition fees and living costs.
Studentships for original research proposals in Film, Theatre & Television
Our Department is part of the South Wales and West Doctoral Training Partnership (DTP). The DTP offers funded PhD studentships to UK and EU students across a consortium of nine universities.
We welcome proposals related to the themes outlined by the DTP:
- cultural transmission, translation and migration
- visual and textual aesthetics and materialities
- environmental and regional pasts and futures
- politics, policies and values
- science, technology, engineering, mathematics and medicine (STEMM) subjects and objects
- conflict and post-conflict.
Students are co-supervised across institutions in the consortium. If you are interested in applying, please contact Alison Butler, the Department's Director of Postgraduate Research Studies, for further discussion.
More information can be found on the DTP website.
The University's Graduate School holds further information about studentships and other funding available for postgraduate study.
Studentships are available for both UK and international students.