The University allocates more than £8m each year in postgraduate research funding, including PhD studentships. A studentship is usually a package that provides full funding for tuition fees and living costs.
Studentships for original research proposals in Film, Theatre & Television
Our Department is part of the South Wales and West Doctoral Training Partnership (DTP). The DTP offers funded PhD studentships to UK and EU students across a consortium of nine universities.
We welcome proposals related to the themes outlined by the DTP:
- cultural transmission, translation and migration
- visual and textual aesthetics and materialities
- environmental and regional pasts and futures
- politics, policies and values
- science, technology, engineering, mathematics and medicine (STEMM) subjects and objects
- conflict and post-conflict.
Students are co-supervised across institutions in the consortium. If you are interested in applying, please contact Alison Butler, the Department's Director of Postgraduate Research Studies, for further discussion.
More information can be found on the DTP website.
We suggest that you consider funding sources in your own country as well to increase your chances of securing funding.