Areas of interest
- Senior Academic Manager
- Disability Representative
- Member of Senate
- Member of the teaching panel at Museum of English Rural Life (MERL)
- English specialism course leader
- Lecturer – Children’s literature and English subject leadership in education
- BA Primary Education Year Convenor
- Academic Tutor
- Head of admissions for BA in Primary Education with QTS
- ERASMUS and Study Abroad Co-ordinator
- School placement supervisor and moderator
- MA dissertation supervisor
- FLAIR mentor and supervisor
- Convenor of the Raymond Wilson Poetry Prize competition
- Developing academic practice; teaching and learning
- Leadership and Change Management
- Teacher emotion in the workplace
- Children's literature: Gender, disability and ideas of identity
- English and cultural capital
- The poetry of Simon Armitage, Seamus Heaney and Philip Larkin, together with poetry written by, and for, children.
- Teaching & Learning: Assessment and Feedback Group. Working with students and lecturers to develop a shared understanding of key assessment terms.
- Member of the project board overseeing The People Plan programme; a matrix of related projects, which together have the intention of improving the experience of working at the University of Reading.
- Member/stakeholder of the Change Management working party.