- Lecturer in Mathematics Education
- Subject Leader for PGCE Secondary Mathematics
As the subject leader for PGCE Secondary Mathematics, I have a range of commitments and engagements with the programme. These include teaching, mainly in mathematics subject sessions but also in some Professional Studies sessions, academic tutor and designing the mathematic curriculum.
I am the module convenor for the PGCE assignments – EDMPRT (Reflective teacher) and EDMPIP (Investigating practice).
Beyond the PGCE Secondary programme, I am module convenor for EDM095 – Developing Expertise in teaching, which requires me to teach and support students in Guanzhao.
I also supervise MA students for their dissertation module.
Areas of interest
Masters Level Supervision offered in these areas:
- Mathematics education
- Educational practice
- Special educational needs
- Educational leadership
Research centres and groupsUoR IoE ITE Professional practice and research centre.
I have worked for 18 years in state secondary schools teaching mathematics. Within that time I have been a head of department and assistant principal. I also provide private one to one tutoring for school age children in mathematics. I joined the IoE in August 2022.
- MA in Educational Practice (Bath Spa University)
- PGCert in Inclusion and Vulnerable Learners (NASENCo) (Bath Spa University)
- PGCE in Secondary Mathematics (Oxford Brookes University)
- BSc (Hons) in Mathematics and Music (Oxford Brookes University)