- University of Reading lead for NERUPI
- UoR NQT Award coordinator
- Deputy Programme Director for BA Education Studies
- Module convenor on BA Education Studies
- UG Dissertation supervision
Areas of interest
- Sociology of Education
- Educational inequalities
- School-to-work transitions
- Education policy
- Widening participation
- Vocational Education and Training
- Attainment raising strategies
- BA Education Studies
- Newman University: 'Project Touch - street based youth work and street violence' conference (2013) on: 'Boxing as a youth work response to violence between young people'
- University of Edinburgh: 'Young People’s Transitions: Dimensions, Difficulties and Diversity' conference (2017) on: 'Raising the Participation Age and educational engagement: choice or coercion?'
- University of Oxford (Study Higher): 'Higher Education supporting raising aspiration and attainment in schools' conference (2019) on: 'Raising attainment through collaboration: mobilising the capacity of newly qualified teachers'
- Network for Evaluating and Researching University Participation Interventions: 'Knowledge, Learning and Attainment' seminar (2019) on: 'Raising Attainment through collaboration: how can WP best work with teachers?'