- CPD support to local schools including Whitley Excellence Cluster.
- DfE ITT mathematics skills tests expert review panel member.
- External Examiner: Primary PGCE Programme, UCL IoE London.
- Programme Lead for PG Primary ITT.
- Primary mathematics teaching across programmes.
- Primary School Direct Programme Director.
- Academic and supervising tutor.
- Dissertation supervision.
- Interviewing across programmes.
- Mentor on the APP.
- Ethics Committee member.
Areas of interest
- Primary mathematics education.
- Talk for learning in primary mathematics education.
- Children's perceptions and attitudes towards mathematics.
- Implications of the 2014 National Curriculum for mathematics.
Masters Level Supervision offered in these areas
- Primary mathematics education.
PhD/EdD Supervision offered in these areas
- Primary mathematics education, pupil perspectives.
Current and Recent PhD Students, with topics/titles of their research
- Yang Hong (with Dr. Carol Fuller): How does being 'left-behind' by the migrating parents impact on the educational attainment and aspirations of young people in a rural village in China?
- Rachel Roberts (with Dr. Elizabeth McCrum): Critical conversations - capturing the impact of evaluative language in mentor meetings in initial teacher training.
- Primary PGCE curriculum mathematics.
- Primary School Direct curriculum mathematics.
- Occasional guest lecturer on the BA CDL, PGCert Early Years, MA, Ed.D and CQSD T&L programmes.
Research centres and groupsEquity, Inclusion and Improvement research group.
- Educational Doctoral student.
- Children's perceptions of mathematics: IoE funded.
- University Teaching Fellow (2014).
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (HEA).
- David Malvern PGCAP Portfolio prize winner (2012).
- University award for outstanding contribution to teaching and learning (2012).
- University Team award for outstanding contribution to teaching and learning (within PGCE specialism team) (2013).
- Foley, C. (2015). Girls, mathematics and identity: creative approaches to gaining a girls'-eye view. Paper presented at BSRLM Conference, Reading, 7 November.
- Foley, C. (2015). June Girls' mathematics and identity: building ownership, forging confidenceOxfordshire Mathematics Conference.
- Foley, C. (2014). June Geometry, the new NC and paper magic Oxfordshire Mathematics Conference.
- Foley, C. (2012). May Helping children make progress in mathematics Thame Mathematics Partnership.
- Foley, C. (2011). July Make one change Hampshire Hart area Mathematics Managers' conference.
- Foley, C. (2011). March Is this the end of the three-part lesson: what do we want from mathematics teaching post the NNS? Hampshire New Forest Mathematics conference.
- Foley, C. (2010) November Developing visualisation in mathematics ATM/MA Meridian branch meeting presentation.
- Foley, C. (2007). July ICT in the renewed Primary Framework: The problem solving classroom South West of England Schools ICT Conference Torquay.
- Foley, C. (2007). ICT in the National Strategy, Primary BETT Conference.
- Foley, C. (2006). The interactive whiteboard: hero or villain? ASE Berks and Oxon Conference.
- Peer reviewer for the Teacher Education Advancement Network online journal.
- Tennant, G. and Foley, C. (2014) Inclusive approaches to teaching and learning mathematics. In: Hyde, R. and Edwards, J. , (eds.) Mentoring Mathematics Teachers: Supporting and inspiring pre-service and newly qualified teachers. Routledge , Abingdon. pp. 77-92. ISBN: 9780415819909