We are pleased to be inviting you to interview for the PG Cert in Early Years Practice with Early Years Teacher Status programme at the University of Reading and we are looking forward to meeting you.
We want this to be a stress-free process to enable you to perform to your potential and we hope that the following information will be helpful to you. Please read all information carefully.What do I need to do before my interview?
- Familiarise yourself with the Teacher Standards (Early Years).
- Be aware of the current issues facing the early years' sector.
- Watch the Transforming Lives – the Institute of Education video.
Yes - please check the full list of documents you will need to bring to the interview.
What will happen on the day of my interview?
The format of the interview day will be as follows:
- document check and tour
- written task
- short presentation and individual interviews.
Your interview will take place on the London Road campus at the University of Reading. A member of staff from the Institute of Education will contact you via email, closer to the date of your interview, to provide you with details on where you will need to report to on the interview day.Written task
The title for your written task will be given to you on the day of your interview. Please let us know if any adjustments are needed for you to access this task.Short presentation
Please be prepared to deliver a 5 minute presentation at your interview on this subject:
'What are the three key qualities you believe are the most important for an Early Years Teacher to have?'Individual Interview
The interview questions will focus on the following:
- your motivations for becoming an Early Years Teacher
- your understanding of safeguarding
- your own values and ethics regarding working with babies and young children aged birth to five years
- your ability to reflect on and analyse your own experience in the context of your development as a trainee teacher
- your awareness of the Teacher Standards (early Years) and relevance to your own development.
There will also be an opportunity for you to ask questions at the end of your interview.Who will interview me?
You will be interviewed by two of the programme tutors from the Institute of Education who will be present in person. If you have any queries or concerns in relation to this, please contact email@example.com.Questions?
We are looking look forward to meeting you at your interview. In the meantime, if you have any questions or if you require any assistance in relation to your interview, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.