What will happen on the day of my interview?
The format of the interview day will be as follows:
- 09:00 – 09:30: Arrival
- 09:30: Document check and tour
- 10:00: Group task
- 10:45 – 13:00: Individual interviews and written task
Your interview will take place on the London Road campus at the University of Reading. A member of staff from the Institute of Education will contact you via email, closer to the date of your interview, to provide you with details on where you will need to report to at the start of the interview day.
Instructions for the group task will be provided on the day of your interview.
The interview questions will focus on the following:
- your motivations for beginning a career in primary teaching
- your understanding of safeguarding
- your own values and ethics regarding primary teaching
- your ability to reflect on and analyse your own experience in the context of your development as a trainee teacher
- your awareness of the Teachers' Standards and relevance to your own development.
There will also be an opportunity for you to ask questions at the end of your interview.
The title for your written task will be given to you on the day of your interview. Please let us know if any adjustments are needed for you to access this task.
Who will interview me?
Your individual interview will be conducted by one of the programme tutors from the Institute of Education who will be present in person. There will also be a second interviewer present, either in person or online, during your interview. The second interviewer may be a colleague from one of our partner schools. Please note that we will share relevant background information from your application form with our partner school colleague, but this will not include any sensitive data that you provided as part of your application. If you have any queries or concerns in relation to this, please contact email@example.com.
We are looking look forward to meeting you at your interview. In the meantime, if you have any questions or if you require any assistance in relation to your interview, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.