Skip to main content

Training for other educational professions – University of Reading

Show access keys
  • Pursue and progress your chosen career

    We train you to excel in your chosen career, not to simply pass a course

  • Transforming lives through education

    Become an outstanding educational practitioner

Training for other educational professions

Study at an internationally recognised provider of educational training and benefit from a diverse and experienced community of academics in a supportive environment with fantastic facilities.

For those who want to work in education and learning but do not want to teach - you may be interested in working in educational administration or policy - we offer a selection of courses ranging from Foundation-Level to doctorate.

Don't have a degree?

Already working within childcare or education?

If you have at least two years' experience of working in a setting within the children's workforce, and a Level 3 qualification in a work related area or equivalent qualifications, together with the relevant GCSEs, then you can apply for this work-based Foundation Degree.

Want to work in education but not as a school teacher in a classroom

If you have A levels or the equivalent qualifications you can complete the first step of your educational journey here.

Already have a Foundation Degree in Children's Development and Learning?

If you have completed a Foundation Degree in Children's Development and Learning and work in a setting within the children's workforce you can study on a one-year top up course and obtain an undergraduate degree.

Already have an undergraduate degree?

If you have an undergraduate degree and you want to enhance your skills and deepen your educational knowledge, a master's level qualification which you can tailor to your specific interests could be the perfect route for you.

Ready to study beyond a master's?

We offer two different routes for those wanting to pursue a doctorate: the PhD in Education and the EdD (Doctorate in Education). Both degrees are research-led but the PhD focuses more on the independent study of a particular subject whereas the EdD is for educational practitioners who want to study the nature of educational practice.


We use Javascript to improve your experience on, but it looks like yours is turned off. Everything will still work, but it is even more beautiful with Javascript in action. Find out more about why and how to turn it back on here.
We also use cookies to improve your time on the site, for more information please see our cookie policy.

Back to top