- Partner, Champion Pearce LLP, 2010–present
- Director, Acutus, 2008–2010
- EC Harris LLP (Partner from 2005), 2002–2007
- Associate, Currie & Brown Consulting Ltd, 1988–2000
- Quantity Surveyor. Henry Cooper & Sons, 1986–1988.
- BSc (Hons) Surveying, Trinity College Dublin, 1986
- MA, Trinity College Dublin, 1988
- LLB (Hons), University of London, 1992
- PhD, Kings College, 2005.
- Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS): Member, 1988; Fellow, since 2000; Member, QS Divisional Council and Executive Board, 1996–1999; Public Affairs Committee, 1999–2002; International Governing Council, 2002–2006; Strategy and Resources Board, 2002–2006 (Vice Chair from 2004); Member of the Faculties and Forums, 2005–2009
- Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB): Member, 1988, Fellow, 2002
- Bar of England and Wales: Barrister (non-practising), 1992
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators: Member, 1999
- Society of Construction Law (UK) Member, 1999, Member of Council, Chairman, 2009/10
- CLT Publications, Construction and Engineering Law: Editorial Board, 1992–2002
- Internal Journal of Law in the Built Environment: Member of Editorial Board, since 2012.
Part time lecturer, visiting lecturer/tutor:
- Brunel University, UK on the BEng, MEng course in Civil Engineering with Sustainability
- University of Stuttgart, UK on the MSc course in Construction Law
- King's College London, UK on the MSc course in Construction Law and Management.
- "Construction Contracts Law and Management", 5th edition (2015) Co-author with Prof Will Hughes and Prof John Murdoch, University of Reading
- "Tendering and Procurement in Construction" co-authored with Ellis Baker of White & Case (RICS Case in Point book series)
- Contributor to iSurv, a RICS publication.
- Hughes, W. ORCID: 0000-0002-0304-8136 and Champion, R. (2022) Procurement, contracts and project management. In: Hughes, W. , Champion, R. , Coleman, S. , Chu, Y. , Hare, B. , Hay, A. , (eds.) ICE Companion to Engineering Management. ICE Publishing , London. pp. 1-52. ISBN: 9780727765949 | doi: https://dx.doi.org/10.1680/icecem.65949.001