Programme Director, MSc Construction Cost Management
Building locationChancellor's Building
Areas of interest
- Diffusion of innovations in construction.
- The organisation and management of construction project-based work and firms.
- Design processes for sustainability and energy performance.
- Environmental psychology and designing for dementia.
- CE1CPR Projects
- CE1CMP Principles of Management
- CE3ADE Architectural Design
- CEM104 Construction Cost Management: Principles and Practice
- CE2CPR Projects
- CE3CCD Dissertation
- Cem10B Research Dissertation
Research centres and groups
- PhD Construction Management and Engineering, University of Reading
- MSc Applied Informatics – Construction, University of Reading
- BSc (Hons) Architecture, University of Khartoum
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Architectural Technologists
- Albattah, M. , Shibeika, A. ORCID: 0000-0003-0226-9241 , Rehman, M. (2022) Understanding the hiring issues of the craft workers in the UAE’s construction labor market: project managers perspective. Buildings , 12 (1). ISSN: 2075-5309 | doi: https://dx.doi.org/10.3390/buildings12010026
- Shibeika, A. ORCID: 0000-0003-0226-9241 , Khoukhi, M. , Khatib, O. , Alzahmi, N. , Tahnoon, S. , Dhahri, M. , Alshamsi, N. (2021) Integrated design process for high-performance buildings: a case study from Dubai. Sustainability , 13 (15). ISSN: 2071-1050 | doi: https://dx.doi.org/10.3390/su13158529
- Shibeika, A. ORCID: 0000-0003-0226-9241 , Hittini, B. , Raheem, T. (2020) The adoption of building environmental performance assessment methods in the UAE built environment. In: Panuwatwanich, K. and Ko, C. , (eds.) The 10th International Conference on Engineering, Project, and Production Management. Lecture Notes in Mechanical Engineering Lecture Notes in Mechanical Engineering pp. 33-41. ISSN: 2195-4364 ISBN: 9789811519093 | doi: https://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-981-15-1910-9_3
- Shibeika, A. ORCID: 0000-0003-0226-9241 , Raheem, T. , Hittini, B. (2019) Exploring challenges of adopting sustainability assessment methods in UAE - Perspectives of project professionals. Sustainable Construction Materials and Technologies , 3
- Shibeika, A. ORCID: 0000-0003-0226-9241 , Abdel Raheem, T. , Hittini, B. (2019) Towards conceptual understanding for the adoption of building environmental sustainability assessment methods in the UAE built environment. IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science , 323 ISSN: 1755-1315 | doi: https://dx.doi.org/10.1088/1755-1315/323/1/012185
- Hittini, B. and Shibeika, A. ORCID: 0000-0003-0226-9241 (2019) Construction waste management in UAE: an exploratory study. WIT Transactions on Ecology and the Environment , 238 pp. 679-686. ISSN: 1746-448X | doi: https://dx.doi.org/10.2495/sc190581
- Shibeika, A. ORCID: 0000-0003-0226-9241 , Elnaffar, A. , Hittini, B. , Ahmed, H. , Saeed, F. (2018) Strategies for retrofitting an existing building to meet the new fire code in Dubai. Proceedings of the Annual International Conference on Architecture and Civil Engineering (216379). | doi: https://dx.doi.org/10.5176/2301-394X_ACE18.163
- Shibeika, A. ORCID: 0000-0003-0226-9241 and Harty, C. (2015) Digital innovation in construction: exploring the firm-projects interface. Proceedings of the 31st Annual Association of Researchers in Construction Management Conference, ARCOM 2015 pp. 1167-1176.
- Shibeika, A. ORCID: 0000-0003-0226-9241 and Harty, C. (2015) Diffusion of digital innovation in construction: a case study of a UK engineering firm. Construction Management and Economics , 33 (5-6). pp. 453-466. ISSN: 0144-6193 | doi: https://dx.doi.org/10.1080/01446193.2015.1077982
- Shibeika, A. ORCID: 0000-0003-0226-9241 (2014) Diffusion of digital innovation in a project-based firm: case study of a UK engineering firm. Proceedings 30th Annual Association of Researchers in Construction Management Conference, ARCOM 2014 pp. 997-1005.