Dr Kirsten Cooke
- Short course tutor at Chelsea College of Arts (London and Dubai)
- Visiting lecturer across various UK institutions.
Areas of interest
Kirsten Cooke is an independent artist-curator, who has co-founded the projects:
- House of Hysteria
- Concrete Plastic
- Material Conjectures.
She has recently joined the EuroNoize team as project manager, after working as assistant curator for the launch of the Reading International project. Kristen received her practice-based PhD from the University of Reading in 2016, which experimented with fictional-critical writing and exhibition stagecraft.
Kristen has produced exhibitions, events, conferences, journals and texts for various national and international institutions.
Kristen's recent texts have been published by Goldsmiths University of London, Ma Bibliothèque (France), ARMSEYE (LA) and WordPress (London). Cooke's co-authored projects have held exhibitions or symposia over a range of different institutions, such as:
- xero kline & coma (London)
- Beaconsfield gallery (London)
- LAM Gallery (LA)
- ArtLacuna (London)
- WORK (Black Dog Publishing, London)
- MEEM Gallery (Dubai)
- Artsadmin (Toynbee Studios, London)
- Université Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris)
- Sonce Alexander Gallery (LA)
- University of Reading (Reading)
- kynastonmcshine (The Old Police Station, London)
- Brook Theatre (Chatham, Kent)
- Fringe event and publication – 52nd Venice Biennale (Venice)
- SIAD Gallery (Sheffield)
- a "Late at Tate" – Tate Britain (London).
- Clarke, A. , Cooke, K. , Roberts, M. , Holmes, D. , Iveson, M. , Jenkins, T. , Kivland, S. , Nader, M. , Woodham, N. , Frearson, A. (2017) Decorative dormitories for sleep workers.
- Clausen, S. , eds. (2017) Reading International: CRASH! ‘Xerox Interview Book’. In: Cooke, K. and Hunt, A. (eds.) Reading International ISBN: 9781912115716