To be eligible for the scheme, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- An academic achievement of grades AAB at A Level (or equivalent*);
- An impressive performance at interview, which demonstrates excellent design and representation skills and a clear commitment to study architecture at the University of Reading;
- Place the University of Reading as Firm choice with UCAS by the UCAS deadline for replies which normally falls in the first week of May.
Applicants must also satisfy the conditions of entry to undergraduate study at the University of Reading. Read more about these conditions.
Conditional offer holders must provide results and hold an unconditional place on the BSc Architecture programme by 31st August 2020.
The scholarships are available to applicants from any country and apply only to those who enrol directly onto Year 1 of the BSc Architecture course in 2020. Students who have a previous degree or other higher education qualifications will not be eligible.
It should be noted that:
- Payments will be made at the start of each academic year, after enrolment, subject to provision of relevant bank details by the offer holder.
- Payments will be made for a maximum of three years.
- Payment for Year 2 and Year 3 are subject to satisfactory progression within the programme in Year 1 and Year 2 repspectively.
- The scholarship will not apply to those who defer entry onto the programme.
*AAB at A Level is equivalent to International Baccadlaureate 34 pts and BTEC Diploma DDD. If you are studying a different qualification and would like to check the equivalent requirements, please contact the Undergraduate Admissions team at: firstname.lastname@example.org.