What we spend and how we spend it
Financial information relating to projected and actual income and expenditure, procurement, contracts and financial audit.
Information on the sources of funding and income, such as Funding Council grants, tuition fees, endowment, rents and investment income (including investment strategy).
The main sources of funding and income for the University of Reading are:
- Funding Council grants
- Tuition fees and education contracts
- Research grants and contracts
- Endowment, rents and investment income
The University Accounts for the appropriate year give the actual amounts from each of these sources.
The University provides an infographic to show the income and expenditure for the most recent complete financial year. This is available here.
Budgetary and account information
Annual Statement of Accounts and other information to allow the public to see where the money is being spent, where it is or has been planned to spend it and the difference between one and the other. This includes revenue budgets and budgets for capital expenditure.
Financial audit reports
The University Accounts for the appropriate year give the Financial audit reports .
Information on major plans for capital expenditure and investment including any public private partnership contracts.
Financial regulations and procedures
Officers of the University expenses
Expense information for officers of the University, where applicable, is available via the main page, Key People. Key People is available here then to see the expenses for a particular officer, click onto their profile page. Where the information is available a link is then provided.
Staff pay and grading structures
Register of suppliers
- The electronic tendering website gives the names of the suppliers of all contracts of £30K upwards and anyone who registers (free of charge) can view current suppliers.
Procurement and tender procedures and reports
Details of procedures used for the acquisition of goods and services. Contracts currently available for public tender and reports of successful tenders.
- The Procurement Strategy and Procurement Policy are given on the University Policy, Terms and Conditions page
- Information for suppliers
- Information on tendering is given on the electronic tendering website
- Contracts currently available for public tender are given on the electronic tendering website
Details of contracts of sufficient size to have gone through a formal tendering process.
The electronic tendering website gives all contracts of £30K upwards and anyone who registers (free of charge) can view current contracts
Information about Government, Research Councils, European, international and industrial funding for research together with information about the management of research accounts.
- University Accounts for the appropriate year give details of the amounts of funding from research grants and contracts
- Research Support
- Telephone: +44 (0) 118 378 8981
Find out if you need to do a DPIA here: