IMPS Contacts Network
IMPS Contacts are a supported and informed network of (mainly) administrative staff distributed across the University, able to manage and direct queries and enquiries relating to the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), the Data Protection Act (DPA) and any other relevant information-related legislation. IMPS Contacts attend regular informal meetings to hear about training updates and examples of good practice, and also discuss current issues and concerns, which they can then pass on to their colleagues.
IMPS Contacts are the main information conduit between their school/service and the IMPS office with respect to:
- forwarding FOIA and DPA enquiries and information requests from school/service
- providing initial contacts for FOIA and DPA information requests from the IMPS section
- handling or forwarding queries about the acts from the school/service
- Checking completion of mandatory Information Compliance training modules
- gathering and providing feedback on draft policy and good practice guidelines
- disseminating information compliance policy and good practice throughout the school/service - including policy and advice regarding records management
Further information on the role played by members of the IMPS Contacts Network can be found in the IMPS Contacts role specification (PDF-85KB).
IMPS Contacts Advice Sheet which is provided as a guidance document to assist IMPS Contacts, and their departmental colleagues, in responding to FOI requests is available here.