"A student-focused, determined and well-organised placement team to provide as much support as possible to help finding the right student for mutual benefit."
Mars Food UK
Placements to suit different career paths
The diversity of employers we work with means that we can find relevant placements for most food-related career paths. Your placement will come in the third year of a four year programme.
Make a name for yourself in the industry and gain crucial experience
- We have a history of placements with world famous brands such as Allied Bakeries, Mars Food, Nestle, Marks & Spencer, Hovis and more.
- Gain support from world-leading academics before and during placements.
- Increase your chances of a job offer if your placement is successful.
The best way into the world of food and nutrition
There aren't many careers where your first industrial experience will come with complete training and the backing of a world-leading institution. Our stature in the world of food and nutritional sciences means that companies are happy to work with our students - we'll help to find the right placement and give you training and support before you go and whilst you are there.
- dedicated help from our placement coordinator to find the right placement
- comprehensive CV preparation and application skills training
- a chance to meet major companies at a dedicated careers fair.
Our dedicated placement coordinator will also:
- write to your preferred companies on your behalf and arrange interviews
- ensure that employers have a suitable programme of work ready for you
- make sure that placements adhere to the Department's Code of Practice.
"My tutor came to visit whilst I was on placement to check my performance and ensure the company was providing me with the best opportunities to expand and apply my knowledge. Reading also provided support on writing CVs, cover letters and completing online applications, which culminated in this fantastic opportunity with Graze."