Ms Christine Ellison
- Director of Taught Postgraduate Programmes in Art (MA Fine Art and MACE: Art pathway)
- Director of Teaching and Learning for the School of Arts and Communication Design
Areas of interest
NOISE, EXPERIMENTAL MUSIC, PERFORMANCE, COSTUME, LIVENESS, DIGITAL FUTURES, POST-HUMANISM.
Christine's work encompasses film, sound, live performance, costume, textiles and graphics.
Christine creates performances and events under the monikers POLLYFIBER and Agency of Noise. Her work has been performed and exhibited both internationally and in the UK and Ireland, in galleries, museums, theatres, and performances spaces, including:
- Iklectik, London (2018)
- South Street Arts Centre, Reading (2018)
- Cell Project Space (2013)
- London, Embassy Gallery, Edinburgh (2013)
- Museum of Art, Haifa, Israel (2012)
- Grand Union (2012)
- Eastside Projects (2010), Birmingham.
Her work has also been included and commissioned for festivals including:
- RAPID PULSE International Performance Festival, Chicago (2012)
- Dublin Fringe Festival (2011)
- DEAF Electronic Arts Festival, Dublin (2009)
- Kaunas Art Bienniel, Lithuania (2007).
She has curated performances and talks, as Agency of Noise, which include The Prophetic Sound, Cavendish Ballroom, London, 2013, and Squirmish at the Oasis at Kingsgate Trust, London in association with Camden Arts Centre, 2013.
As an educator, Christine is committed to engaging students through research-led teaching. This includes leading workshops in sound and performance as well as inviting students to collaborate and perform at public events (South Street Arts Centre, Reading July 2018, Iklectik Art Lab, London September 2018).
In 2016, she developed a body of work through performance workshops with students from Reading School of Art and Edinburgh College of Art. This work entitled 'WORKSHOP' was presented at Art Lacuna Gallery (July, 2016) and published as a photo essay in Visual Culture in Britain (Volume 18, 2017).
View more work on on the POLLYFIBER website.
Selected performances and exhibitions:
- Ellison, C., Prêt-à-Médiatiser by House of POLLYFIBRE, Performance and Film, 2011-12. Performed at Absolut Fringe 2011, South Studios, Dublin, Ireland, September 2011. Presented at RAPID PULSE International Performance Festival, Defibrillator Gallery, Chicago, USA. June 2012
- Ellison, C., Slideshow, Performance, 2012. Performed by POLLYFIBRE at:
- Cult of the Amateur, Cell Project Space, London, May 2012
- Tapotoal, London, March 2012
- A Duck, A Rabit and A Rabbit and a Duck, pyramidd.biz, February 2012
- Ellison, C., 'Instructions for an Audio Performance'. Musical score and Performance, 2012. Exhibited at File Transfer Protocol, Museum of Art, Haifa, Israel. 2012. Performed by Ayelet Lerman at The Museum of Haifa, Israel. March 2012
- Ellison, C., 'Live Recording', Performance. 2012. Performed by POLLYFIBRE at BREATHE, Hotel Elephant, London, UK. May 2012
- Ellison, C.,'Copier', Performance, 2010. Performed at Ultra High Temperatures, Eastside Projects, Birmingham, UK. October 2010
- Ellison. C. 'iPollyTouch', Performance, 2009. Developed during research residency at The Banff Centre, Canada in 2009. Performed at:
- NOISE, AFFECT, POLITICS, Salford, UK. July 2010
- Dublin Electronic Arts Festival, Dublin, Ireland. October 2009
- New Spaces For Music, curated event for the performance of sound works in alternative spaces across Dublin City. October 2009
- Ellison, C. Reconstructing The Incredible, Sound Piece 2009. Commisioned for RELAY (online sound exhibition); January 2009
- Ellison. C. RGB, Performance. 2008. Performed at Dublin Electronic Arts Festival (DEAF), Dublin, October 2008
- Ellison, C. 'iPollyshuffle', Printed Scores for Performance and Live Performance, 2007 - 2008. Exhibited at , Kaunas, Lithuania, November 2007 - March 2008. Performed by Polly Fibre at , Kaunas, Lithuania, November 2007. Performed at Excursions Festival, Limerick, Ireland, 2008.
- 2004 –2006 Goldsmiths College of Art, University of London (Masters in Textiles)
- 1994 –1998 Dun Laoghaire College of Art and Design, Dublin (Bachelor of Design in Interactive Media).
- Ellison, C. (2018) Micro soft words (for dummies and enlightened beings). Reading International [Performance]
- Ellison, C. (2017) Let's interface the music and dance. University of Reading (Collection)
- Ellison, C. (2017) Workshop: making beyond the post-medium condition. Visual Culture in Britain , 18 (2). pp. 133-162. ISSN: 1941-8361 | doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/14714787.2017.1353438
- Kollectiv, G. and Kollectiv, P. (2012) File Transfer Protocol.
- Ellison, C. (2012) Instructions for an Audio Performance/Scissors Music. Museum of Haifa , Israel.
- Ellison, C. (2012) Prêt-à-Médiatiser by House of POLLYFIBRE. Rapid Pulse [Video]
- Ellison, C. (2012) Slideshow by POLLYFIBRE. Cell Project Space [Performance]