Teaching BSL Level 1
Taking part in BSL exams and marking grades
Building locationMiller Building
Areas of interest
- Social life / Education Inclusion for Deaf people
- Deaf Culture / Political and Social history of Deaf people
- The evolution of BSL Linguistics over the years
- Keeping up-to-date with BSL issues.
I teach on the IWLP Programme BSL Level 1.
I am profoundly deaf and a BSL tutor since 2014. I also run my own successful, independent business teaching BSL. Since 2020, I have working with the University of Reading teaching their students the beauty of BSL.
In addition to being a qualified BSL teacher and A1 Assessor, I have taught freelance at organisations including Brooklands College for three years, Winchester Hospital and the Financial Services Ombudsman in London.
- 2017 - 2019 Guildford College, Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- 2017 - 2017 Sign of Thought, IBSL Level 1 Deafblind Awareness
- 2012 - 2012 Sign of Thought, NVQ BSL Level 6
- 2011 - 2012 Eastleigh College, Level 2 & 3 Counselling
- 2011 - 2011 City Lit, PTTLS, (Qualified Teaching)
- 1999 - 2002 Sunderland University, BA (Hons) Accounting & Computing
Awards and honours
- Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector (PTTL)
- Assessor A1