Dr Marine Orain
Student Engagement Officer
Co-ordinator for French-language modules on Department degree programmes
Building locationMiller building
Areas of interest
- Technology assisted language teaching and learning
- Language curriculum design and development
- Distance learning and the flipped classroom
I am particularly interested in French intellectual history and the Algerian War. My research is on modern and contemporary French thinkers and their modes of intervention in response to crisis and wars.
In final year, I convene the Advanced French Language module and the Language for Management and Business module. I also teach on the module ML3IC Identity and Conflict in Modern Europe. I convene the Year Abroad Language module.
In first year, I convene the Beginners and Intermediate French Language modules.
I am the departmental Student Engagement Officer working with Course Reps and organising Student-Staff meetings.
- PhD: Changing modes of intervention of the French intellectual from the Dreyfus Affair to today; Sartre, Lévy, Hessel' (University of London)
- Master's degree in Teaching French as a Foreign Language (Université de Provence)
- PGCE in French and Spanish (University of Cumbria)
I am a member of:
- The Association for the Study of Modern and Contemporary France (ASMCF)
- The Society for the Study of French History (SSFH)