Staff Research and Teaching
Staff research on biodiversity and taxonomy includes materials for research by a range of the biological sciences staff, particularly:
- Phylogeny and evolution of flowering plants: Fabales, Cactaceae, Orchidaceae & Commiphora.
- Phylogenetic patterns in traditional medicinal plant use.
- Molecular marker data to determine identity, parentage or provenance of economically important plant species and the use of herbarium specimen data in the study of past environments.
- Ecology and identification of the British and European flora.
- Ecological restoration and grassland ecology.
- Phylogenetics, taxonomy and molecular marker aided identification of vascular plants.
Preparation of specimens for BSc and MSc classes
Training in herbarium techniques