Radiation Safety: X-ray generators
To provide prospective X-ray researchers with a basic understanding of the hazards and risks associated with their work, and of the University procedures in place to reduce risks.
OBJECTIVES ON RETURNING TO THE WORK PLACE YOU WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Understand the nature and means of generation of X-radiation
- Understand the legal requirements relating to the use of X-rays
- Understand the concept of radiation dose, and means of protection from exposure
- To introduce radiation risk assessment.
- How X-rays are generated
- Risks arising from exposure to X-rays; radiation dose
- Local Rules and risk assessment for work with X-ray equipment.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
Attendance is mandatory for any new member of staff or postgraduate who will be involved in the use of X-ray equipment.
Attendees should bring along details of their proposed application for the group to discuss during the training session. Each should be prepared to give a short (5 minutes maximum) presentation on their application.
COURSE DATES & TIMES:
This course is available on-demand. Please email the Health and Safety Services to request a session at least 3 months in advance.
COURSE TUTOR: Health and Safety Services
Health and Safety Services
Contact Health & Safety Services:
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- tel: 0118 378 8888 (internal 8888)
- Report an Incident Online