Areas of interest
Technical due diligence, building pathology and inclusive environments.
Research centres and groupsBreaking Down Barriers (BdB)
Having first served in the Royal Air Force for seven years as a radar technician, I enrolled as a Building Surveying undergraduate at The Nottingham Trent University, graduating in the summer of 2000 with a year in practice.
Following graduation, I have worked in London, Germany and for 11 years in Brussels; gaining professional membership of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) in 2000.
In January 2015, I became the Lead for Building Surveying at the University of Reading, where I lecture in building pathology and commercial surveying practice. I am also the Placement Officer and Employability Lead for the School of The Built Environment.
I retain part of my time working in practice, which I achieve with my own consultancy firm Tech DD Ltd. I have generally had a wide range of surveying experience in multidisciplinary environments, but have become more a specialist in "pure" building surveying and building pathology. For 11 years I have worked almost solely in the delivery of technical due diligence to international investors making acquisitions in Belgium and Luxembourg.
I have been a guest speaker for RICS Europe and guest lectured at the University of West England (UWE) in Bristol. I am also the author for the Due Diligence section of the RICS Isurv website.
- BSc Hons (The Nottingham Trent University)
- Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS)
- Managing Director of Tech DD Ltd (Building Surveying Consultancy).
- Moys, J. , Hwang, F. ORCID: 0000-0002-3243-3869 , Marsili, U. , Nunes, R. ORCID: 0000-0003-0829-4130 , Tagg, A. ORCID: 0000-0003-3487-0111 , Vasilikou, C. ORCID: 0000-0001-6909-8112 (2023) The inclusive way’ hackathon – inclusive wayfinding and pedagogy. InfoDesign : Brazilian Journal of Information Design , 20 (2). ISSN: 1808-5377 | doi: https://dx.doi.org/10.51358/id.v20i2.1091
- Tagg, A. ORCID: 0000-0003-3487-0111 (2022) Why Belgian TDD is a matter of interpretation. Built Environment Journal ISSN: 1759-3360
- Tagg, A. (2022) What are your responsibilities in a PPM survey?. RICS.org
- Tagg, A. (2022) Guiding surveyors and protecting the public: the new RICS guidance note ‘Planned preventative maintenance of commercial and residential property’. Journal of Building Survey, Appraisal & Valuation , 10 (4). pp. 343-357. ISSN: 2046-9594
- Tagg, A. (2020) Public and Commercial Attitudes to Disability in the Built Environment. University College of Estate Management pp 76.