University of Reading cookie policy

We use cookies on to improve your experience, monitor site performance and tailor content to you.

Read our cookie policy to find out how to manage your cookie settings.

About the Student Campus Card

When you join the University you will receive a Student Campus Card. This card contains a microchip which runs a variety of applications and allows you to use the following:

  1. Enter and leave the Library.
  2. Borrow books from the Library.
  3. Enter your examinations room.
  4. Access the 24 hour PC labs in Palmer G09, Meteorology GL68 and Agriculture GL20.
  5. Access to the study lounges at Reading Students' Union and TOB
  6. Access your hall of residence.
  7. Access other buildings across campus, if needed.
  8. Access your printing from any Multi function device on our Uk campuses.
  9. Enter the music practise rooms music practice rooms (subject to payment of membership fees).
  10. Enter the SportsPark (subject to payment of the relevant membership fees).
  11. Show that you are a student and want to claim exemption or reduction in Council Tax fees (see section on Students and ).
  12. Allow you to pay for printing and photocopying within the library.
  13. Pay for items and services at the and receive a discount off items from their shop.
  14. Pay for items and services at the Library information desk.
  15. Pay your Library fines online using your Campus Card account.
  16. Pay for items and services at the Mail Shop and receive a discount on selected services.
  17. Purchase food, drink and other items at discounted rates, plus receive exclusive offers and deals from the following outlets operated by Catering Services: Architecture Cafe, the Library Càfe, Dol.cHe Vita, The Dairy, Eat at Agriculture, Eat at Enterprise, Eat at Humss, Eat at Northcourt, Eat at SportsPark, Eat at the Square, Eat at Wantage, Henley Business School Cafe, Ice House Bar, Park Bar, Park eat, Park house Bar, Northcourt bar & Wantage Hall bar.
  18. Use the Campus Card to purchase items at a discounted rate from the ICMA Centre Café Bar.
  19. Pay for Items at the Art shop and receive a discount on everything you purchase.
  20. Purchase food and Drink at discounted rates from the bar and Pavilion restaurant on the Greenlands Campus.

For some services you will need to use the Campus Card in conjunction with the PIN (Personal Identification Number) that you can retrieve from the Campus Card Portal.

The photograph taken of you will become part of your electronic student record and will be used by the Schools/Departments that teach you and by other support services to get to know you. The Campus Card is not an Identity Card but you are strongly advised to carry it with you at all times since it is evidence that you are a student here.

Conditions of use

By accepting your University Campus Card you are agreeing:

  • to keep your Campus Card and PIN separate, safe and secure
  • to use the Campus Card for your personal use only in connection with your work or study at the University and not to give it to, or allow it to be used by, anyone else
  • not to use your Campus Card to let other people into card-protected buildings/rooms
  • to take responsibility for any transactions made using the Campus Card (e.g. fines on any overdue Library books issued using the card)
  • to report the loss of the Campus Card immediately so the card can be blocked from further use
  • to abide by the Rules for the Use of University Computers and Data Networks and the Rules of the Library 
  • to pay any relevant membership fees.
  • If you are using the Campus Card for purchasing University of Reading goods or services you promise to abide by the terms and conditions. 
  • If you are using the Campus Card as part of your catered halls package you promise to abide by the terms and conditions as printed on the Catering page.

For more information about what the Campus Card can do please look at these commonly asked questions.

Visit the Campus Card Portal today!
Contact us

Campus Card Systems

  • You can now top-up your Campus Card at any University owned outlet.