Module Convenor for AA1IPI and Design Tutor for Year 1
Areas of interest
- Architectural pedagogy
- The evolving discourse between education and practice
- Parallels between the making and consumption of film and architecture
- Identities in architecture
- The reciprocal relationship of habits, rituals and situated environments
As well as being a qualified architect with over ten years of experience in practice, I have taught as a design tutor at a range of schools in the UK at varying levels – all of which have inspired and informed my approach to design pedagogy.
In addition to teaching at Reading, I am the Deputy Year Chair for the work-based MArch1 course at the Welsh School of Architecture, a position which I draw from to help me better understand and respond to the changing relationship between education and practice. My continuing experience working on small-scale residential projects helps keep me informed on the changing needs of the industry and the architect’s place within it.
- PGDip in Professional Practice in Architecture (RIBA/ARB part 3) – University of Westminster
- BArch in Architecture (RIBA/ARB part 2) University of Manchester
- BA (Hons) in Architecure (RIBA/ARB part 1) University of Manchester
- ARB registered