Areas of interestMy research focuses predominately on pain, examining psychological processes underlying how pain is processed, as well as individual differences in the ability to modulate (or control) the experience of pain.
Research centres and groups
Centre for Integrative Neuroscience & Neurodynamics
- Little, M. , Gibson, M. , Briggs, J. , Speirs, A. , Yoong, P. , Ariyanayagam, T. , Davies, N. , Tayton, E. , Tavares, S. , MacGill, S. , McClaren, C. , Harrison, R. ORCID: 0000-0003-3674-9622 (2021) Genicular artEry embolizatioN in patiEnts with oSteoarthrItiS of the knee (GENESIS) using permanent microspheres: interim analysis. Cardiovascular and Interventional Radiology ISSN: 0174-1551 | doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s00270-020-02764-3
- Borg, E. ORCID: 0000-0003-2725-9568 , Fisher, S. , Hansen, N. , Harrison, R. ORCID: 0000-0003-3674-9622 , Salomons, T. , Ravindran, D. , Wilkinson, H. (2020) Pain priors, polyeidism, and predictive power: a preliminary investigation into individual differences in our ordinary thought about pain. Theoretical Medicine and Bioethics ISSN: 1573-1200
- Harrison, R. ORCID: 0000-0003-3674-9622 , Kuteesa, W. , Kapila, A. , Little, M. , Gandhi, W. , Ravindran, D. , Van Reekum, C. ORCID: 0000-0002-1516-1101 , Salomons, T. (2020) Pain-free day surgery? Evaluating pain and pain assessment during hysteroscopy. British Journal of Anaesthesia , 125 (6). pp. 468-470. ISSN: 0007-0912 | doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.bja.2020.08.015
- Harrison, R. (2019) An experimental and clinical investigation of psychological and neural factors associated with individual differences in pain and pain modulation.
- Harrison, R. , Zeidan, F. , Kitsaras, G. , Ozcelik, D. , Salomons, T. (2019) Trait mindfulness is associated with lower pain reactivity and connectivity of the default mode network. The Journal of Pain , 20 (6). pp. 645-654. ISSN: 1526-5900 | doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jpain.2018.10.011