Areas of interestAdult neurological speech and language therapy
TeachingPreparation clinics, dysphagia, progressive conditions.
- MMedSci (Clinical Communication)
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
Melissa has been a contributing author to published clinical guidelines for a number of neurological conditions:
- de Silva, R., Giunti, P., et al. (2009). Management of the Ataxias Towards Best Clinical Practice 2nd Edtn Ataxia UK, London (United Kingdom): 1-55.
- Hamilton A, Ferm U, Heemskerk A-W, Twiston-Davies R, Matheson KY, Simpson SA, et al. (2012) Management of speech, language and communication difficulties in Huntington's disease. Neurodegener Dis Manag. 2012;2(1):67-77
- Louise A Corben, David Lynch, Massimo Pandolfo, Jörg B Schulz, Martin B Delatycki on behalf of the Clinical Management Guidelines Writing Group (2014) Consensus clinical management guidelines for Friedreich ataxia. Orphanet Journal of Rare Diseases 2014, 9:184 doi:10.1186/s13023-014-0184-7.
- Hamilton, A. , Heemskerk, A. , Loucas, M. , Twiston-Davies, R. , Matheson, K. , Simpson, S. , Rae, D. (2012) Oral feeding in Huntington’s disease: a guideline document for speech and language therapists. Neurodegenerative Disease Management , 2 (1). pp. 45-53. ISSN: 1758-2024 | doi: https://dx.doi.org/10.2217/NMT.11.77